blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

New Year, New Beginning

New Year, New Beginning

Postby IrascibleOne » January 3rd, 2019, 7:07 am

In 2018, Dark Scarab made just enough ad revenue to pay for hosting. For a while now, I told myself if it stopped doing so, it meant I wasn't maintaining the site and I should call it quits. Well, here we are. :( My host is requiring fees if I don’t update the PHP version by Feb 1st. DS won't work on newer PHP versions without updating the forum software, which isn’t worth the effort for near zero benefits.

I considered overhauling the site, but I’ve been saying that for years. Besides, other than the artwork we’ve uploaded, the content is terribly outdated and/or no longer useful. Knowing that I won’t likely contribute to the site in the near future and the community is dead, I've made a tough decision.

I’m taking down the site at the end of the month.

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have plans for DS. If I follow through, I will wipe everything clean and make a totally fresh start. Considering my sparkling track record of delivering on my plans though, I won't make any promises.

So, for now, this is good bye. :wave: Thank you for nearly 11 years of DS. <3
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Announcements