blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Little problems in tank game

Little problems in tank game

Postby stardavid » October 21st, 2015, 3:01 pm

Hey guys, have been working on a little game in bge and am making good progress with no python knowledge :D . I have a problem. When the player tank comes within the radar of the enemy tank, the enemy tank chases the player but enters the player when it meets the player :mrgreen: also i have another issue where the fps comes really down in a particular stage to about 7-11 and makes it really slow and the memory is around 450M( can't remember exactly ) . Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :thumbup:
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Little problems in tank game

Postby stardavid » December 21st, 2015, 1:38 am

ok i have fixed them myself. for the tank entering the player, i used distance constraint actuator so that the tank keeps some distance from the player :) and for the fps stuff i just deleted the scene and recreated it i guess it was a problem with the objects or may be because i made some of the objects to send message across to other objects :? apart from all those i improved the accuracy of the enemy tanks using steering actuator(pathfinding). also if any body can help with the enemy bunkers; how do i make them to face the player and shoot the player while on the same spot (i guess you know how a bunker or rocket lunchers behave) the enemy bunker just seem to rotate every direction and not face the player. any help would be appreciated :D i would upload the blend file in blendswap any time soon :thumbup:
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby djm » December 21st, 2015, 3:53 pm

If the bunker is supposed to be static then you can use Empties to add bullets and shot through the windows of said bunker.

As for aiming goes you can use radar sensors combined with near sensors. Fairly easy to hook up and it works well for being without python.
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Postby stardavid » December 23rd, 2015, 2:51 pm

Thanks for that i will try it :) thanks :thumbup:
stardavid