blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

BBCode or Markdown

BBCode or Markdown

Postby IrascibleOne » May 11th, 2015, 8:18 pm

Something I am considering is using something like Markdown instead of bbCode in DS8. May not go with markdown specifically, but if not Markdown it'd be something similar. Some reasons why:

• Easier to write in your own text editor
  • The 'code' is generally more readable
  • Stackoverflow, Wikipedia, and others use some flavor of this basic markup, so having a basic knowledge of it is useful beyond DS.
  • That also means a new member is probably more likely to know Markdown than bbCode
  • I like it better than bbCode.
For the most part though, it's probably going to come down to personal preference. So what do you guys think?
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BBCode or Markdown

Postby brektzar » May 14th, 2015, 12:47 am

I say go with Markdown :)

SHOW SPOILER
And by the way, i am sorry for my long hiatus from DS :P But i have been swamped with moving and work.
Ill try to be more active from now on, but im not gonna be here every day as i am not finished with everything yet.. :(
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Re: BBCode or Markdown

Postby IrascibleOne » May 14th, 2015, 8:13 am

Awesome, it shall be done.

And no problem, I've been a bit busy myself. Still making progress on the site, but I've been falling behind on the schedule I had for DS8.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Site Discussions