blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Broken Model Submission

Broken Model Submission

Postby Renix » April 17th, 2015, 6:53 am

I broke the model submission. :P
I'm somewhat proud. You might want to look into that. Remember IO, always validate your inputs.
The "Move Up" and "Move Down" buttons cause the series form to disappear, but submission still works.
Also, I see what you're trying to do with organizing things by series. At the same time, it's not often that people will upload things that need to be in a series.

Edit #1: 100 post get.
Edit #2: Being able to edit your submission details would also be nice.
Renix
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Broken Model Submission

Postby IrascibleOne » April 17th, 2015, 10:04 pm

Always validate my inputs? Really? I'm a little insulted, I'm not some ignorant amateur who doesn't know any better. Anyways, I've known about that bug for quite a while now and never bothered to fix it. It's not exactly a dangerous bug and never felt like spending time fixing something that hardly ever gets used, much less submitted without uploading something.

That said, the JS bug with the move up/down buttons should be patched now (only happened when you try to move the top item up or the bottom item down), but I'm focusing my attention on DS8. Problems you have with the current site will be taken into consideration for DS8, but other than that, I'm not going to worry about it.

You can already edit your submissions. Go to the series you want to edit and the link is in the sidebar. No, you can't delete a series. If you want one deleted, you can either tell me or wait until DS8.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Renix » April 18th, 2015, 6:14 am

IrascibleOne wrote:Always validate my inputs? Really? I'm a little insulted, I'm not some ignorant amateur who doesn't know any better. Anyways, I've known about that bug for quite a while now and never bothered to fix it. It's not exactly a dangerous bug and never felt like spending time fixing something that hardly ever gets used, much less submitted without uploading something.

That said, the JS bug with the move up/down buttons should be patched now (only happened when you try to move the top item up or the bottom item down), but I'm focusing my attention on DS8. Problems you have with the current site will be taken into consideration for DS8, but other than that, I'm not going to worry about it.

You can already edit your submissions. Go to the series you want to edit and the link is in the sidebar. No, you can't delete a series. If you want one deleted, you can either tell me or wait until DS8.

Balderdash! We know the proprietor of DarkScarab cannot be anything less than a professional! Calling him an amateur would be a ludicrous statement of the utmost animosity.
Just a friendly reminder, sorry if it came off as insulting. :relaxed:
Besides, you're going to want people to use what you've built.
I noticed the edit button now. Kudos. :thumbup:
Renix
Contributor
Contributor

Postby IrascibleOne » April 18th, 2015, 12:09 pm

Naw, it's cool. Just wasn't having a good day yesterday and probably took it more seriously than I should have.

But yes, that kind of stuff does bother me and I do want DS to be as awesome as possible. The problem is there are so many issues and shortcomings with DS7 and then with my new job, home, and all that, I just decided it would be a good time to start fresh rather than continue trying to fix/improve/struggling with what's already there.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Site Discussions