blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

DS's Birthday

DS's Birthday

Postby IrascibleOne » April 30th, 2009, 6:43 pm

Out of the blue, while doing my Java homework, I realized that we just passed the one year mark of DS. If I remember correctly, I got the site up at the end of April. So, just because, I tried to recreate the first DS layout, with some success. I could not find one of the images and the sidebar had RSS stuff on top rather than just ads. Also, the nav bar was blank on the homepage, unlike how it is shown here.

Anyways, thanks to all of you have have come and have consistently returned!

DS1.jpg

Also, I have begun a total restart on the layout of the site and would like to have it done soon. The actual time frame basically depends on how much homework I have.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DS's Birthday

Postby Dictator-for-life » May 1st, 2009, 8:25 am

I remember that layout! As of the time of the snapshot, wasn't a member. Registered after the car tutorial.

Cheers to Darkscarab! Long live the community!
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Rezeul » May 1st, 2009, 10:52 am

i noticed theres an Imantu folder thing under the address bar on that image ;)
Rezeul
Pro
Pro

Postby Nismo » May 1st, 2009, 12:13 pm

ImageImage

Happy Birthday DS!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the first year Irascible :D

Nismo

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

"Three blind mice walk into a pub. But they are unaware of their surroundings, so to derive humour from it would be exploitative." - Bill Bailey
Nismo
Pro
Pro

Postby IrascibleOne » May 1st, 2009, 12:48 pm

Rezeul wrote:i noticed theres an Imantu folder thing under the address bar on that image ;)

Indeed. I am getting very close to announcing the public beta testing of the site, that is, assuming all goes well. So be ready!
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby IrascibleOne » May 3rd, 2009, 6:19 pm

I have been working on a new layout for the site and initially I tried a very grungy look. However I did not like it so I kind of went with a bit of a combination with grungy and sleek. Here is my front page so far. It is not done yet, but I thought I'd give you guys an update on the situation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sazex » May 3rd, 2009, 7:22 pm

the grundgy look, looks really cool! :D
Sazex
Regular
Regular

Postby IrascibleOne » May 5th, 2009, 4:25 pm

This isn't really an update but out of the blue I found this:

It's my second website, before I abandoned it so I could have my own domain. (My first site was a freebie thing. That was before I even knew HTML.)
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sazex » May 11th, 2009, 3:05 pm

you know i just noticed you have the nasa night launch theme for firefox
Me too!
Except i also have the subskins installed :D
Sazex
Regular
Regular

Postby IrascibleOne » April 23rd, 2010, 4:07 pm

It's a little early but DS is turning 2 on Tuesday! I just have to say, I am really glad you guys are still here and I truly appreciate all the support you guys have given me since you have joined.

Off Topic:

New BBCode Tag! I've seen it used a few times and thought maybe someone wouldn't mind actually having an [offtopic] tag.

IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next
Return to Site Discussions