blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Dark Scarab 7.1

Re: Dark Scarab 7.1

Postby IrascibleOne » October 8th, 2014, 8:55 pm

Here are some of the changes I am making to the existing leaderboard. I'm also making a couple of color tweaks to the site as a whole and simplifying a couple of things. Still some work before making this live, but I think you guys get the idea. Current leaderboard on the left, new on the right.

leaderboard_updates.jpg

And no, the scores are not correct in my mockup. My local database does not match the live database at the moment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » October 8th, 2014, 10:30 pm

I like it!
You made everything clearer and easier to see, so thats good :P
I also like the new color changes, they somehow make it "cleaner".
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » October 10th, 2014, 11:09 pm

A couple more progress shots! The top is the current state of the new profiles (compared to existing profiles). I need to add main content, such as the series you've submitted, likes, people you've followed. Will probably be doing that next.

As for the bottom half, I am tweaking the sidebar for the series pages. I would really like to know what you think about the sidebar compared to the current setup. I do plan on a couple of other tweaks on the series pages as well.

Screen-Shot-2014-10-06-at-2.jpg

And just so you know, I may upload what I currently have onto the site tomorrow or Sunday. There's still plenty to do, but the new leaderboards are ready to go and if you guys like the changes to the series page sidebar, I'd like to get that live as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby IrascibleOne » October 13th, 2014, 10:41 pm

The new leaderboard is live. The home page, browse pages, and series view pages all received minor tweaks here and there, some of which mentioned in previous posts.

Profiles are partially implemented. If you want to see your profile so far, just go to http://darkscarab.com/people/[insert username here].

If you find anything that is broken or weird or just not right, please let me know! From what I can tell, everything is working alright, but if you've been around long enough, you know I make mistakes. :D

Next Up:
I need to finish the profiles, update some of the forum styles to match the rest of the site better, and more tweaks to various parts of the site. Then it's off to some of the other things I mentioned in the first post of this thread.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bonrw1 » October 13th, 2014, 11:18 pm

Wow! This is looking great! :D looking forward to it!
bonrw1
Useful
Useful

Postby djm » October 14th, 2014, 12:56 am

I really enjoy the updates, IrascibleOne.
i did however find a bug. If you visit the homepage where all the images and stuff are, on a phone, you can't sign in nor navigate to other pages. You can look at images but that's about it. In order to visit the forum you have to put the "forum.darkscarab.com" url in the browser and from then on you can sign in and stuff.

Also when i click on my name at the top right (to visit my profile) it kinda messes up with the url. Look at the attachment to see what i mean.

I tried this on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using both the "internet"-browser app and chrome for android.
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Postby bonrw1 » October 14th, 2014, 10:28 am

djm wrote:I really enjoy the updates, IrascibleOne.
i did however find a bug. If you visit the homepage where all the images and stuff are, on a phone, you can't sign in nor navigate to other pages. You can look at images but that's about it. In order to visit the forum you have to put the "forum.darkscarab.com" url in the browser and from then on you can sign in and stuff.

Also when i click on my name at the top right (to visit my profile) it kinda messes up with the url. Look at the attachment to see what i mean.

I tried this on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using both the "internet"-browser app and chrome for android.

I sometimes get that too! Like when (on my Android) I click my avatar at the top right hand corner.
bonrw1
Useful
Useful

Postby IrascibleOne » October 14th, 2014, 11:27 am

Thanks for letting me know guys! So, just to be clear, these are the problems you are talking about, yes? I try to get those fixed ASAP!

• Link to your profile in the header of the forum is wrong, sends you to 1&1 error page (easy fix)
  • Which means custom error pages not working in forum - getting a 1&1 advertisement page instead. (shouldn't be too hard to fix)
  • Sign in/Register links only toggle open/closed in main site when on smaller screens. Doesn't let you go to the sign in page. (I know what is wrong, but will probably have to change header a bit for this one)
  • Link to profile is unusable when on smaller screens in main site, just toggles menu (same as above)
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby djm » October 14th, 2014, 1:07 pm

Yes these are the issues we're talking about. Thanks for taking your time to fix it asap. Well done!!
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Postby IrascibleOne » October 16th, 2014, 8:27 pm

I think I've fixed those errors. Made some changes to the header in the process. If you've got a couple of seconds, I'd appreciate it if you could test links and whatnot in case I missed something.

If the header is completely garbled up, try pressing Ctrl-R or Ctrl-F5 for a hard refresh. Sometimes browsers are stubborn when it comes to caching. If that doesn't fix it, feel free to yell at me. :D
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext
Return to Site Discussions