blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Dark Scarab 7.1

Re: Dark Scarab 7.1

Postby djm » October 17th, 2014, 12:13 am

Aye, now it works just fine! Thanks for the quick-fix, Irascible! :)
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Postby bonrw1 » October 17th, 2014, 12:48 am

Is there any way you can display avatars in the mini chat?
bonrw1
Useful
Useful

Postby brektzar » October 17th, 2014, 2:18 am

Works great for me both on an android tablet and an android phone.
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » October 17th, 2014, 10:45 am

bonrw1 wrote:Is there any way you can display avatars in the mini chat?

Definitely doable. It's just a matter of figuring out how, which can be a real pain with phpbb (next to zero documentation). I have been thinking about making other updates to the chat as well, so I'll definitely keep avatars in mind.

And thanks everyone for double checking my work, appreciate it! :)
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bonrw1 » October 17th, 2014, 11:07 am

IrascibleOne wrote:
bonrw1 wrote:Is there any way you can display avatars in the mini chat?

Definitely doable. It's just a matter of figuring out how, which can be a real pain with phpbb (next to zero documentation). I have been thinking about making other updates to the chat as well, so I'll definitely keep avatars in mind.

And thanks everyone for double checking my work, appreciate it! :)

My brother knows all about php mchats, so I can ask him if he knows how to get avatars in the chat?
Last edited by brektzar on October 18th, 2014, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed your quote :)
bonrw1
Useful
Useful

Postby IrascibleOne » October 17th, 2014, 12:13 pm

Actually, no, you don't have to. I just took a look into it and there is a setting to turn on avatars with mChat, but there is a lot of missing info in my database. Most likely forgot to update the mChat tables in the DB when I updated the forum last year. So, I'll just have to figure out what exactly in the database is messed up and go from there... :problem:

So avatars are super easy to turn on. If you have everything set up correctly. :roll:
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bonrw1 » October 18th, 2014, 9:42 am

IrascibleOne wrote:Actually, no, you don't have to. I just took a look into it and there is a setting to turn on avatars with mChat, but there is a lot of missing info in my database. Most likely forgot to update the mChat tables in the DB when I updated the forum last year. So, I'll just have to figure out what exactly in the database is messed up and go from there... :problem:

So avatars are super easy to turn on. If you have everything set up correctly. :roll:

No problem at all! :)
bonrw1
Useful
Useful

Postby IrascibleOne » October 27th, 2014, 11:10 am

Here is what the next round of profile updates revolve around. On the left is when you are looking at your own profile, on the right is if you are looking at DJM's profile. This update should be live in the next day or two. Then I will be doing some work on the forum, since there seems to be quite a few issues I need to deal with.

2014-10-27_Profules.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby djm » October 28th, 2014, 5:44 am

Looks awesome!! Can't wait until it's all finished and neat looking! :D
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Postby IrascibleOne » October 29th, 2014, 9:58 pm

The latest updates to the profiles are now live! You can see your profile by using the link under your username in the header. At this point, the 'main page' of your profile is still a little sparse. I do want to do something about that, but I have not decided exactly what yet (hint hint: your input would be nice).

Also, I did quite a few tweaks and bug fixes here and there all over the site. 90% of it you won't notice because it's primarily backend stuff or things that people rarely see. However, the most visible is the tweak to the browse lists. I removed the space between the items and moved the ad out of the way. I think it looks a bit cleaner this way.

I think now I will probably do some fixing up with the forum. I've got to get all the profile links to go to the new profiles and fix some issues people have pointed out lately. Plus a ton of annoying styling screw ups that are all over the forum... :problem: We'll see how that goes. :roll:
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext
Return to Site Discussions