blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Why Is This Site So Inactive?

Why Is This Site So Inactive?

Postby Alpha 3D » September 23rd, 2014, 4:47 am

Hey Guys! What's Up? :wave: I was browsing the gallery, and other places on this site, and I noticed it has really been inactive... :problem: Like, only the admins have been getting on here... And I find that quite a shame too! A fine site like this ought to have at least 20-50 members, constantly active... Not just 2 admins!

Soooo, my proposal is:
What if I went to my group on deviant art (where I have over 100 members) and invite my people, to this site, and then you'll at least get a few more members.... But this is all up to you admins.... ;) So, let me know :D
God Makes ALL The Difference! :D
Portfolio: towercg.weebly.com
Thanks!
Alpha 3D
Useful
Useful

Re: Why Is This Site So Inactive?

Postby brektzar » September 23rd, 2014, 6:23 am

I am glad to see you feel for the site :)

If you were to send your group over here that would be amazing, it could restart this website :) It was much more active, but something happened and people left.. :(

And welcome to DS! :D
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » September 23rd, 2014, 12:30 pm

Any publicity would be great! I'm more than happy if people want to share DS with others and I'd definitely appreciate it. <3

Every so often we have a post about why it's so quiet and my answer is always the same: DS needs regular content and I can't keep up by myself. Lately I've been thinking about starting contests and writing more articles rather than tutorials. Maybe do some book reviews, commentary on what's going on in the community, and whatever strikes my fancy. Articles would be a lot easier and faster to make than tuts and there'd be more regular content.

In the long term, I'd like everyone to do it with me. That's why I've opened the site up to submissions. I'd love it if DS became a place where everyone helps everyone teach, learn, and share their works. How soon that happens, I dunno...
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alpha 3D » September 23rd, 2014, 2:20 pm

Alright then.... I'll definitely invite my people... I am willing to support (not financially) you guys in any way I can... If it's publicity you want, then it's publicity I'll bring you.... And if you guys would like, I can post tuts or something like bi-weekly or something.... Also I have like 300 projects I've done so far, and I would be happy to upload about 50 of them :D So you guys let me know how I can help, and I'll do my best to get it done :D BTW, you might try some activities we have in our group... Um, here's a link to our group:
http://blender-nuts.deviantart.com/
I hope, if you guys both have a deviant art account, you will join our group. We'd love to have you. And at Blender Nuts, we're almost a family... Everyone gets to know each other, and talks to each other kindly. We maintain good morals, and good art! XP
Anyways, I'll upload the journal tonight and then hopefully you'll get a good bit of members... I'll also promote you on my Blender Artists Group, Blender Kids, that consists of 20+ members.... Um, I think those are the only 2 sites I can promote you on, but I'm sure you'll get some members either way ;)
Thanks!
Alpha 3D
Useful
Useful

Postby Alpha 3D » September 23rd, 2014, 2:25 pm

Hey, I saw you had a mini-chat.... would it be okay if I got a group of 4 to use it for a while? They're Blender Artists, talking about Blender, but not about DS..... We'll chat about a DA contest.... It's a contest I'm hosting on DA, and we need more live chats.... Problem is, does it work on an i-phone? Thanks in advance :D
Thanks!
Alpha 3D
Useful
Useful

Postby IrascibleOne » September 23rd, 2014, 3:15 pm

Sure, it's open for any members to use. Just be aware it's not really an instant message chatroom. It's just a forum thread that updates itself every 10 seconds. Anyone expecting instant replies will probably find it frustrating. Just a heads up on that.

As far as I know it should work on iPhone. How easy it is to use on a phone, I do not know.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alpha 3D » September 24th, 2014, 10:04 am

IrascibleOne wrote:Sure, it's open for any members to use. Just be aware it's not really an instant message chatroom. It's just a forum thread that updates itself every 10 seconds. Anyone expecting instant replies will probably find it frustrating. Just a heads up on that.

As far as I know it should work on iPhone. How easy it is to use on a phone, I do not know.

Okay, that should be just fine, thank you! By the way, I'm making that journal entry now :)
Thanks!
Alpha 3D
Useful
Useful

Postby bonrw1 » September 25th, 2014, 12:49 am

I'm here! :) Thanks for advertising the site! I think I will find it very useful! :D
bonrw1
Useful
Useful

Postby Alpha 3D » September 25th, 2014, 4:42 am

Awesome! Thanks Bonrw1 for joining! It means a lot to me :D No if only more people would join :)
Thanks!
Alpha 3D
Useful
Useful

Postby bonrw1 » September 25th, 2014, 4:48 am

Alpha 3D wrote:Awesome! Thanks Bonrw1 for joining! It means a lot to me :D No if only more people would join :)

No problem! This site looks really fun! :D

I'll try and find more people who would like to come on! ;)
bonrw1
Useful
Useful

Next
Return to Site Discussions