blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Dark Scarab 7

Re: Dark Scarab 7

Postby IrascibleOne » August 9th, 2014, 10:34 am

Just wanted to give a heads up on how things are going to go down. I'm pretty excited about the changes and think it will really make this place feel much more like a community driven site.

In the coming week or so:
DS7 will become live. Due to some of the backend updates, I will have to lock down the DS Panel because of some backend changes (not that I think anyone will use it, but just to be safe). I will probably post a DS guide that will replace existing guides and goes over new stuff, and so on.
Side note: I was going to post a new tut this week, but I decided I should just get this done and out of the way first.

After that:
I will start shifting Imantu content to DS and figuring out how I should wind Imantu down. If I remember right, that should be around 300 works and should really help fill out DS. I have to move things, set up redirects, and set up a message to tell people Imantu is merging into DS. Dunno how long this will take. It seems like a really simple job, but then again, who knows. :roll:

And after that:
I will start working on the second phase of DS7, which includes parts I planned on finishing in the first place. Profiles, improved community feeds, minor updates here and there, backend stuff, and so on. These changes will probably go up as they get done rather than all at once.

And after that:
Let things sit. Work out the bugs. Make content. Decide what could be done next.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby IrascibleOne » August 13th, 2014, 1:08 pm

Quick Update: Change of plans. Instead of moving the works on Imantu to DS later, I am doing it now while the DS Panel is locked. So far, I haven't run into any major issues, so you'll probably see DS7 including the Imantu works in the next day or two.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » August 13th, 2014, 1:14 pm

Nice :) Ill make sure to see if my links still work when youre done moving stuff :P
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » August 14th, 2014, 8:33 pm

I think DS7 is ready to go! If you see anything that is wrong or missing, don't hesitate to furiously scream at me. I think I've gotten most of the bugs.

However, keep this in mind:
  • The images for models were tiny in DS6, so they look terrible now. Can't do much about it other than uploading a new render of your model.
  • Your Imantu images are NOT missing! Everything on DS7 is a series of media items, so related works are grouped together (ex: a final render, plus work in progress screenshots; color variations of a single wallpaper; etc). Keeps the site cleaner and makes your works easier to browse through.
  • Comments, followers, and likes on Imantu were transferred to DS where possible.
  • Imantu is still live. I only copied everything to DS. When I start redirecting traffic, links to the images themselves and the embed widget should still work. Other than that, say goodbye now, because Maunti the manta ray will be gone soon.
  • Profiles and Community Feeds are not done yet. You may run into a few links to a mangled profile page. I'll get to them as soon as I can.

Known Problems:
  • Need (new) favicon(s) Done
  • Filtering by tutorial topic not implemented yet
  • Need better page content on submit page when user is not logged in
  • Leaderboard 'voice score' incorrect when filtering by year/month Fixed
  • Scores under username on series pages are wrong Fixed
  • Sorting "People" apparently doesn't work at all
  • Need a better response when there are no more items to load on browse page
  • Could use an auto-response email when one confirms their newsletter subscription
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » August 16th, 2014, 2:07 am

Nice! So far i have not seen anything wrong, i think :P But i will take a closer look later.
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » August 16th, 2014, 12:55 pm

Awesome, that's good to hear. Although, I just worked through 3 or 4 bugs in the submission form, specifically for when you are editing something...At least I am catching them now rather than later. Also, some fool didn't add a delete button in the edit form. I'll have to do that sometime.

EDIT: More submit bugs fixed. I also fixed the incorrect Voice score for Year and Month date ranges and the issues with total score when viewing a series.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous
Return to Site Discussions