- Update forum files, clean out any messed up code from past failed updates/mod additions
- Appearance should fit better with the rest of the site, to make it appear more integrated
- Look into improved chatroom ('real' chatroom)
- Incorporate 'Thanks' or some reputation points system into forum
So far, I've made a template that is as close to the default as I could get. Most changes are just to the css. It was very tedious and time consuming. However, I have now been through every single template file, so I know where everything is and that should make it much easier to add or alter in the future.
The updates are just about ready. What's been changed?
- Refreshed style to match the rest of the site a little better
- Fresh install of phpBB with clean install of the newest version of mods (Welcome PM, Mini-Chat)
- Reputation voting - Not installed yet, but is the last thing to do before putting this update on the site.
- Members no longer see ads in the forum.
One thing to note, I don't think we'll have a real chat room until DS moves off of it's current server and I have more control over it. I did install a newer version of the existing chat though, so there's that.
That said, the forum will probably go down tomorrow or Friday, depending on how soon I can get the post voting implemented. So, consider this a heads up.