blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Flattr Integration

Flattr Integration

Postby IrascibleOne » December 10th, 2013, 10:08 pm

I'm thinking about integrating Flattr into DS. I'm trying to find ways to make money for my time spent working on DS - without ads. I think this is about the least invasive and easiest thing to do, so I will do it first.

Another reason is that tutorial authors (you!) could make Flattr money as well. I would have a Flattr button everywhere I put social media sharing links (tutorials, models, gallery images) and if your works get Flattred, you would get that Flattr money.

How much? Honestly, I expect hardly anything. But it's so easy to do I figure there is no reason not to. And maybe I'm wrong, maybe there is more donors than I think. But I think the possibility of making money on DS could help attract people to the site as well.

What do you think? Good idea?
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Flattr Integration

Postby brektzar » December 11th, 2013, 5:13 pm

If this is easy for you to do, then why not?
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » December 19th, 2013, 1:07 pm

All done. Now anyone who submits their Flattr username into the corresponding field in the User Control Panel will be able to earn money through Flattr on the things they add to the site.

The Flattr link will be located underneath your avatar/username in the author block on uploaded tutorials and models (I still need to upgrade the gallery). This is the same for all of the other social media links. If you fill out the field, it will show up, if not, then it won't.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » January 6th, 2014, 4:00 am

Awesome, ill create an account and see if it works :P
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Return to Site Discussions