blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

3D Model Viewer

3D Model Viewer

Postby IrascibleOne » November 17th, 2013, 2:07 am

Look! I did something :o 3D Model Viewer

I've wanted to implement a model viewer into DS and Imantu. I'd do it now, but getting it all to work is still fairly crude. There are too many steps to go from a model in Blender to the model in the browser. There are other issues too, mainly limitations is what it can do.

So, consider this a proof of concept. Or proof that I'm doing something. Yay. <3
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

3D Model Viewer

Postby brektzar » November 22nd, 2013, 3:01 pm

Awesome! :D I wish youd add a lamp option though ;)
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Re: 3D Model Viewer

Postby IrascibleOne » November 22nd, 2013, 5:26 pm

I could do something like that. It definitely needs a lot more work, so there should be plenty more improvements as I go along.

And hopefully it will happen sooner rather than later.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Renix » November 23rd, 2013, 6:22 pm

That's great, IO. I'm sure it'll be a good feature to have here and on Imantu.
Wait a minute...
Vyrtical? Is that your site too? Where did this one come from? :o
Renix
Contributor
Contributor

Postby IrascibleOne » November 24th, 2013, 6:57 pm

Yeah, Vyrtical was my capstone project for my major. Was supposed to be all about competitions, points, prizes, (live) speed modeling competitions for Blender. I basically wanted to make a fun site for the Blender community. In the end, the Blender plugin never got finished, the website never got a final polish (or any polish, really), and my teammates pretty much disappeared after we graduated.

I thought live speed modeling competitions would have been really awesome to have. With the points I imagined it being treated like a Blender sporting event (teammates didn't seem too excited for that though). I dunno what I will do with it now.

----

Oh and the reason the model viewer is on Vyrtical is because that's where I was originally going to have the 3D viewer. However, it should work on any of my sites when I finish it.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Renix » November 26th, 2013, 1:32 pm

Are you planning on implementing the 3D viewer on Imantu?
I suppose the live speed modeling thing could work as part of Imantu as well (If there is ever a plugin for it, (if not, use Twitch?)).
Renix
Contributor
Contributor

Postby IrascibleOne » November 26th, 2013, 4:39 pm

Yeah. I'd like to have the 3D viewer on Imantu as a type of work people can upload as well as for the model downloads on DS. Still have a lot of work to do to streamline that process first, I want it as simple as possible. No timeline on when that will be though.

---

Twitch might work. If it could be integrated into a plugin that also connects directly to Imantu/Vyrtical then it might be an option. Although, if it means forcing people to get an account with Twitch to use it, then I dunno. I'd need to look into it more.

Not sure if I will ever get to this anytime soon though...
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Site Discussions