blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Hi-Res in Gallery

Hi-Res in Gallery

Postby Renix » August 10th, 2013, 6:16 pm

I was browsing the Gallery and noticed that all images are sized to fit. I know if I right-click and use "View Image" I will get the original Hi-Res version of it. Wouldn't it better to have the Image clickable and maybe have a lightbox or modal window that displays the Hi-Res version?
Renix
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Hi-Res in Gallery

Postby IrascibleOne » August 10th, 2013, 9:41 pm

Yeah, the gallery stinks. :sick: When I did the updates in March, I only had a week between classes, so it ended up being a rush job. The site looked better and a bunch of other things got fixed, but the gallery and some other pages were half-assed together.

That's why I've been fixing things as of late. I also plan on fixing up the links and home page here soon. Just trying to bump up the quality of the site. Once things are acceptable, I can focus more on content creation.

That and my darn forum signature. I accidentally deleted it during the update. Still have yet to remake it.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Renix » August 11th, 2013, 1:03 am

Another suggestion since it's something small and doesn't need its own thread :P
How about a "Thank You" button for the forum? I'm sure there's a phpBB plugin for it.

And yes, IO. Your forum signature as it currently stands is the most creative one I've ever seen. :lol:

Also, did the "Quick Reply" button disappear?
Renix
Contributor
Contributor

Postby brektzar » August 11th, 2013, 1:52 am

The thank you button is not a bad idea, i know for a fact that there is a plugin for it. Just dont remember where it can be found, but probably among the plugins on the official site.

And yes, the quick reply is gone! :O Did you break something Irascible? :P
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » August 11th, 2013, 11:42 am

I can look into a thank you button. Hopefully it won't be too much of a pain in the butt.

renix wrote: did the "Quick Reply" button disappear?

brektzar wrote:the quick reply is gone

Nope, this time it's not my fault. :P It's only enabled in the War Room. I saw the setting when I made it and just decided to turn it on. I think they are off by default when they were first added to phpBB. Just haven't gone through the forum to turn it on. Have to do it for each section.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » August 11th, 2013, 12:52 pm

oh i see :P Well im using it now so thanks! :D
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » August 11th, 2013, 3:59 pm

About the thank you button:
There is a mod for it. I started to go through installation and apparently I tried once before too, because most of the files were already there. However, the mod needs you to add/edit a bunch of code in the style template and their directions are for the default template for phpBB. DS is using a different style template and I've even modified this template to get it to look the way it does. I could go on and on why it's a pain, but I'll just say it's not worth it right now.

I've wanted to go back to the default phpBB template partly because of this issue with adding mods, but also because we might be missing out on some latest features of phpBB. The problem with that is the amount of time it would take to style that to match the rest of the site.

So, it'll get done someday, but I think I'll focus on some other things first.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » August 11th, 2013, 4:07 pm

I want the button but i can see why its not a priority right now and why it would take time.
Take your time. :D
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Return to Site Discussions