blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

DS Task List

DS Task List

Postby IrascibleOne » November 18th, 2012, 4:25 pm

Welcome to the DS Task List. This is where I post a list of all the bugs, features, or other things I need to work on in the near future. If you have suggestions, ideas, or complaints, please let me know so I can update this list.

• Update Old Tutorials I want all of my tutorials to be updated to the step-by-step format. Still have a few laggers.
  • DS 8
  • Your suggestion here...?
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DS Task List

Postby djm » November 18th, 2012, 6:56 pm

DS Challenge: I have a bunch of topics, I just want more activity before I go all nuts about it :)
Update Tutorials: Since I began my tutorial-series over at youtube (videos) I rarely think about writing some of them down. Soooo, if you could make a way of integrating videos into the tutorial section I would be eternally grateful and so would my viewers as well (since they can watch it here AND read spam-posts xD (jk) ).

New Tutorials: Working on it, everyday actually.
New Models: I have a few I could share. Made for games primarily though.
New Images: All I have are non-textured "me playing around in cycles" WIPs.
Facebook/Twitter Pages: I could share some of this on my Twitter. However, it's about my music - mainly - and I don't want to spam. But, I could make a second acc dedicated to DS and the stuff we (the community) make in Blender. Even though there are 87 lego-paper-billion-grass-hopper users out there writing about such, none of who are writing about DS!!

Consider this response a personal update from my point of view :)
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Postby IrascibleOne » November 18th, 2012, 8:17 pm

Oh, that's a good one. I'll see if I can integrate YouTube/Vimeo videos into DS tutorials sometime soon. I can't believe I never considered it before. :wall: Maybe into the forum too. Should be able to. Consider them added to the list.

Maybe once I do that, I can Tweet and Facebook something about it. Yeah. Maybe one of the few followers will see it and get excited.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby djm » November 19th, 2012, 1:52 am

Good thing you have me around to give you ideas, and things to do! ;)

But yeah, once Videos in general work here both in the forums and as tutorials I think the amount of users will increase. Or at least the traffic.
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Postby IrascibleOne » March 24th, 2013, 11:37 pm

Just a heads up, here's whats changed in the last week:
  • Updated Forum Appearance
  • Full overhaul of DS (It's smaller, faster, better looking, and should be better on smaller screens)
  • Challenges are gone. May not come back with Project 48 and all.
  • A few archive tutorials have been deleted
  • Many tuts have had minor updates (spelling fixes, strange question mark symbols, etc.)

What's still in progress:
  • The DS Panel is locked down. It's pretty much all done, I just have to access forum data for you guys to use it, which requires interacting with the live server, which is why the rest of the site is up and ready before the DS Panel is. So, it's coming soon.
  • Video tutorials (from YouTube/Vimeo), this is pretty much waiting on the DS Panel. I plan on having that ready by the time I let you guys into the new DS Panel.
  • Autofilling your username in comment fields on the rest of the site, waiting on DS Panel.

Anyways, it's usually after a big update like this that there are big scary errors somewhere. If you see something that just doesn't seem right, feel free to beat me with a stick until fix it. For now, I'm wiped out. :sleep:
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby IrascibleOne » March 25th, 2013, 12:12 pm

I think I am going to take a leap here. Something tells me I am not ready, but I can't think of what else I need to check in the DS Panel, so I am opening it up to you guys.

If you see something that you think registered forum users probably shouldn't be able to do in the DS Panel, please let me know. You should only be able to access your works on the site and create, edit, and delete them as you wish. Also, as always, if you catch a bug, feel free to yell at me. As far as I know, everything is working alright at this point.

Today's New Features:
- You can now Add, Edit, and Delete tutorials, models, and gallery images
- Video tutorials are working now, if you want to test that out, feel free.
- The comment forms on the main part of the site are now autofilling your username. There isn't anything stopping you from changing it and going anonymous or stopping someone from using yours (or my) name. If that becomes a problem, I'm sure I can change it.

I do have a few more changes planned, so I may be back with some more stuff later.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » March 25th, 2013, 12:59 pm

Ok, so far ive found that if you click on tutorials in the stats page you get an error.
SHOW SPOILER
Error Message Removed :shh:

That is also the case if you click on forum posts.
SHOW SPOILER

And i also get an error while trying to upload a new image to the gallery:
SHOW SPOILER
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » March 25th, 2013, 3:30 pm

Ah yes, I forgot to change those stats links. Should be okay now.

Gallery problem seems fixed now. Well, I got it working for me.

Thanks a bunch!! :D
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » March 26th, 2013, 2:03 pm

Yup everything works great now! :)
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » July 22nd, 2013, 6:39 pm

Did a few things on DS over this last week:

Did a bunch of work on the tutorials page. Improved comments/feedback form. I'm hoping people will use that to help me keep tutorials up to date and give more feedback. Yay!

I also set up some Javascript so that you see one step at a time for the step-by-step tutorials. Still have a few more tutorials to update to that format, but most are there by now. Side effect is that it makes it look like that page has loaded faster. Yay!

Compressed a bunch of images. Hardly any visual difference, but many of the images for the tutorials are half the size they once were. Should decrease load times, for real this time. Yay!

Also, new tutorial posted. For creating an ocean. Not something entirely new, but it is new content for the site. So yay!
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next
Return to Site Discussions