blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Action Editor Tutorial

Action Editor Tutorial

Postby IrascibleOne » April 24th, 2011, 6:49 pm

Just posted the action editor tutorial a few minutes ago. Any questions, comments, complaints, or suggestions are quite welcome.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Action Editor Tutorial

Postby SPARTAN-001 » April 24th, 2011, 7:40 pm

Nice! I will be sure to check it out as soon as possible. Actually, I'll probably do it tonight! :D
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby Blanco111 » June 30th, 2012, 7:33 pm

I can't change anything in the second action other than the original faces I had selected in the first action. For instance, I wanted to lower the floor and move the camera back in the second action to accommodate the larger size of my object. Should I be able to do this?

http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/m53 ... 1-0200.mp4
Blanco111

Postby IrascibleOne » June 30th, 2012, 10:34 pm

If those faces are it's own object then that makes sense. Objects have many actions, but actions only work on one object. I assume your floor is a separate object, so you would have to animate it separately like any other animation.

I think the best example for actions in the action editor is where you have a character that has many actions which are poses or movements (like a walk cycle). Each action only applies to the one character and not other stuff in the scene.

BTW - Using the icosphere looks really cool!
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Blanco111 » July 1st, 2012, 4:13 am

Thanks, that explains a lot. Of course, I thought this tut was amazing. Otherwise I wouldn't have spent days and many, many hours trying to figure it out. (That's my lack of Blender experience with a dose of denseness :) )

When you say this in the NLA (non-linear animation) editor tab:

In the window that appears, you should see that the Inner Cube (which are our panels) have already been put into the editor.

Are you referring to cube.001? That statement confused me.
Blanco111

Postby IrascibleOne » July 1st, 2012, 7:03 pm

"Inner Cube" is what I named the panels that are spinning inside and outside of the frame in the blend file I made available for those that wanted to use it. Since you are doing it on your own, you'd have a different name. So, if that is the name of the object with the inner rotate and outer rotate actions attached to it, then yes, that is the one I am referring to.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Tutorials