blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Honda HSV-010 GT Tutorial

Re: Honda HSV-010 GT Tutorial

Postby SPARTAN-001 » September 13th, 2010, 10:52 am

Sazex wrote:it has a few edges that are edgey

Are there any other kind? :lol:
But I kid. Nice work Sazex! :thumbup:
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby Asurd » June 27th, 2013, 8:45 pm

Hi! I am unable to open the .zip file for some reason. I tried opening it in 7-Zip and windows explorer. It says that the file is invalid :/
Asurd

Postby IrascibleOne » June 27th, 2013, 8:55 pm

Yep, you're right. Not sure how that happened. :problem:

I updated the first post and it seems to work alright now. Feel free to yell at me if it doesn't work again. :D
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Asurd » June 28th, 2013, 4:51 am

It's fine now; and one thing, the link which you provided for your reference images:

http://www.smcars.net/forums/attachments/honda/103915d1264955940-hondahsv-010-gt-2010-honda_hsv-010-gt_2010a.jpg

doesn't work. It would be awesome if you fix it. And awesome tutorial BTW :thumbup: . I still haven't finished it but I will let you know my feedback once I do.
Asurd

Postby IrascibleOne » June 28th, 2013, 4:48 pm

Oof, I think I'll host them on my site then. Thanks a lot for letting me know! Who knows how many people came across those links and said nothing... Here is a zip of the images for ya:

Honda_HSV-010 GT_Reference_Images.zip

Looking forward to seeing how it works for you! Oh, and welcome to DS! Since I don't think I have said it already. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stardavid » November 25th, 2013, 11:19 am

Hi guys. Thanks for this wonderful tutorial, it's quite useful for people like me. U said it was made using blender 2.5, am using blender 2.68a I do not know if the shortcuts you use are quite the same with blender 2.68. I just did a review of the tutorial (I was just reading few things then I will open next page :D ) when I am through with my exams, I will try to read the tutorial and model the car. Thanks for the help
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby IrascibleOne » November 25th, 2013, 12:03 pm

Thanks for the feedback! Greatly appreciated!

Yep, shortcuts should be the same. I don't remember ever having problems with shortcuts changing on me over the years. I also read through this tutorial and updated it about a month ago, so it should be up to date with recent versions. You know, theoretically. :)
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stardavid » December 1st, 2013, 1:18 am

Hi guys, i just finished modelling the top of this car. When i view it in object mode, it seems bumpy. Is there any other way i could smooth them apart from selectin individual vertices and selecting smooth vertex? It seems slow when you are using smooth vertex. Any help wuld be appeciated.
Thank you
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby IrascibleOne » December 1st, 2013, 7:49 pm

Well, you can select more than one vertex and smooth them all at once, if that is what you are looking for. Just don't select the outside edges, or it will move them too, which you won't want.

If you are talking about visible edges of the faces, you can select everything and click on 'Smooth' under 'Shading:' in the toolbar (to open the toolbar, press T in the 3D view window).
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » December 2nd, 2013, 2:08 pm

One way of doing it is as Irascible said, choose every vertex or face that you want to smooth, press "W" and choose "Smooth".
Another way which gives more control but takes more time is to use the smooth brush in sculpt mode.

However, if its just the ceiling of the car i suggest remodeling it. You might learn why it got bumpy instead of smooth, and by redoing it you gain extra practice ;)
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

PreviousNext
Return to Tutorials