blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Car Modeling Tutorial Complete!

Car Modeling Tutorial Complete!

Postby IrascibleOne » November 14th, 2008, 2:38 pm

I have finally finished the car modeling tutorial. It's taken be over 2 months (!) to finish. Much longer than I originally anticipated and I am sorry to keep you waiting. While the tutorial is officially complete I plan to get a mini navigation for the tutorial itself since it is 7 pages long. It'll look a bit like this:

Previous |1|2|3|4|5|6|7| Next

Also I did not do any texturing in this tutorial. I don't feel like I am good enough to be teaching you how to do it. Maybe at a later time and if people want it I can do it. Also, when I finish texturing my car I will show you guys the final product. If I come up with any more news I will be sure to let you know.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Car Modeling Tutorial Complete!

Postby Lordgod » November 15th, 2008, 2:13 am

Wow !!! thanks for the tutorial ! :)
Maybe I will make more tutorials ^^
Lordgod
Starting Out
Starting Out

Postby IrascibleOne » November 15th, 2008, 3:55 pm

No problem. School didn't help when it came to free time, but I finally managed to do it. The end was a little rushed so I will probably read over the whole thing to make sure I didn't leave anything out or say something incorrectly.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zyjzbo » November 25th, 2008, 5:05 am

Thank you for the tutorial.
zyjzbo

Postby Limvot » November 25th, 2008, 11:37 am

Just finished looking at it, very cool!
Limvot
Starting Out
Starting Out

Postby Arch » November 25th, 2008, 12:44 pm

Hi,

thanks in advance for the great tutorial you've made.
I've a little big problem, that is likely a stupid issue, eheh.
I've downloaded the camaro's blueprint and I splitted it into four images, as you does in the tutorial.
The problem is that scaling the hood of the camaro for adapt the proportion in one of the four view, it is disapting in the other views, whereas in your tutorial the hood matches perfectly the size in all the views.
How can I do for obtaining this result?

Thanks again, and sorry for the bad english :P
Arch

Postby IrascibleOne » November 25th, 2008, 1:25 pm

Arch wrote:Hi,

thanks in advance for the great tutorial you've made.
I've a little big problem, that is likely a stupid issue, eheh.
I've downloaded the camaro's blueprint and I splitted it into four images, as you does in the tutorial.
The problem is that scaling the hood of the camaro for adapt the proportion in one of the four view, it is disapting in the other views, whereas in your tutorial the hood matches perfectly the size in all the views.
How can I do for obtaining this result?

Thanks again, and sorry for the bad english :P

The issue is probably that the size images are not proportional to each other. The width of the front view should be the exact same width as the top view and the length of the top view should be the same as the length of the side view and so on. In my images, the edges of the car touches the edges of the image so that it was easier for me to resize them correctly. You could also try to adjust the size and position in the background image settings, but this is harder to do.

Hope that makes sense.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Arch » November 26th, 2008, 1:03 am

Very thanks for the help. :D
I'll try to get them proportional with a lot of photoshop works.

Another question I'd like to ask was: in the hood rendering the edge of the central part looks sharp, like if has a solid smooth.
When I try to set SetSmooth to hood, the light on it looks very blend and soft, not defined and sharp like in your tutorial screenshot. :cry:
Arch

Postby IrascibleOne » November 26th, 2008, 10:21 am

Did you turn on AutoSmooth? If you turn that on and adjust the degree setting below it, then you can make edges with an angle greater than the setting to become sharp rather than smooth. I believe that is how I made that work. If the edge doesn't smooth out, just make the degree setting lower until it does.

I think another way that you can do it is to use a subsurf and use the 'SimpleSubdiv' setting. This way it will smooth the area out without ruining the edges.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Arch » November 26th, 2008, 1:58 pm

Oh, turning on the autosmooth enhance the final result!
Many thanks, now the hood resemble more like the screenshot! :D

I'm able to follow the next section of the tutorial now! Let's go! :D
Arch

Next
Return to Tutorials