blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Car Modeling Tutorial Complete!

Re: Car Modeling Tutorial Complete!

Postby mikedafool111 » August 4th, 2009, 7:44 pm

Is there any way someone can upload a file up to the 4th page with the front bumper completed? I have restarted it 3 times and i havent gotten any better, I can do the rest, and ill give credit, although i dont know where id post the credit.. its just for learning purposes and saying i finally created a good looking model after 8 months of using blender..
mikedafool111

Postby IrascibleOne » August 4th, 2009, 8:26 pm

Otto wrote:Is there any tip on that part outside the door? It seems it doesn't even exist in the top blueprint view.

Guesstimate. When I run into something that I cannot see in the reference images I usually go out and look for actual images of the spot so I can get a good idea of what it should look like and then go for it. That is what I did on the door for the most part. I just kept fiddling with it until I thought that it was close to the same as the images that I had found.

mikedafool111 wrote:Is there any way someone can upload a file up to the 4th page with the front bumper completed? I have restarted it 3 times and i havent gotten any better, I can do the rest, and ill give credit, although i dont know where id post the credit.. its just for learning purposes and saying i finally created a good looking model after 8 months of using blender..

I don't think I have one at that specific point, but if no one comes up with one in the next day or so I can delete stuff off my final one for ya.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikedafool111 » August 4th, 2009, 8:40 pm

Thank you! Wow, thats really nice, and sorry, I wouldnt ask if I knew i could do it, But I have tried 3 times..
mikedafool111

Postby Otto » August 5th, 2009, 4:56 am

How accurate was your modeling? For example, did you align the X coordinates of the vertices of the door (S X 0) or that wasn't really important?
Otto

Postby mikedafool111 » August 5th, 2009, 8:56 am

Mine? I only could finish the hood..
mikedafool111

Postby IrascibleOne » August 5th, 2009, 8:32 pm

Otto wrote:How accurate was your modeling? For example, did you align the X coordinates of the vertices of the door (S X 0) or that wasn't really important?

For the most part, each row on the door would be that way, at least above the corner, then it starts to angle in a bit. I think I just made points on the front end of the door and the back end of the door and made a straight line to them and the adjusted each row as I went up until I thought it was right.

I hope that makes sense to you. Lemmie know if it doesn't.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby IrascibleOne » August 6th, 2009, 4:59 pm

Ok, here is the file. I'm pretty sure that you can go straight to page 4 with this, if I deleted too much, let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikedafool111 » August 17th, 2009, 5:57 pm

Thanks for the tutorial and file, I finished and it looks great :D
mikedafool111

Postby Allz69 » August 19th, 2009, 11:45 am

Hello!

Very nice tutorial. I downloaded the the camaro.blend file to compare to my own, and my first question is how do you render pictures without any lamps?

Thanks in advance!
Allz
Allz69

Postby Nismo » August 19th, 2009, 12:10 pm

Allz69 wrote:Hello!

Very nice tutorial. I downloaded the the camaro.blend file to compare to my own, and my first question is how do you render pictures without any lamps?

Thanks in advance!
Allz

Hey, welcome to the forum :D

As for rendering without light there are two ways that i know of the first is by using ambient occlusion the second is radiosity.

The AO is simple the radiosity not so much, what sort of effect were you looking for?

Nismo

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

"Three blind mice walk into a pub. But they are unaware of their surroundings, so to derive humour from it would be exploitative." - Bill Bailey
Nismo
Pro
Pro

PreviousNext
Return to Tutorials