blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Tutorial Suggestions

Re: Tutorial Suggestions

Postby IrascibleOne » June 20th, 2012, 11:19 pm

Suggestion list has been wiped. Most of what was on there has been done to death elsewhere on the internet and some I did not feel I knew enough to do. So, I'm starting fresh.

Feel free to start posting ideas.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby iMap » November 3rd, 2013, 10:19 pm

Some tutorials on character modeling would be nice :D
iMap

Postby IrascibleOne » November 3rd, 2013, 11:13 pm

Indeed. Although, probably won't come from me. I've never done much character modeling/animation myself. Dunno when I'll get the chance to. :(

There have been a few people who have posted characters in the forum before though, so maybe someone else might feel up to it.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stardavid » November 30th, 2013, 8:35 am

Hi, can some one pls tell me the basic in creating a car racing game, what I need for the game and if possible a tutorial on creating a car racing game. I know a few things to do like model the different cars. The rest things i know I can't do them like create the stages, controls(interface), map . Apart from the ones I just Mentioned, I don't know any other one. Pls am really in need of this tutorial. Any other info, I will add when I remember.
Thanks for help
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby brektzar » November 30th, 2013, 8:41 am

You should ask DJM for a tutorial. He is the resident game engine(logic bricks) fanatic :P
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby stardavid » November 30th, 2013, 8:44 am

Thanks I will ask him :thumbup:
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby djm » November 30th, 2013, 11:55 am

Hehe, resident logic bricks fanatic.. sounds like me alright.
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Postby Alpha 3D » September 22nd, 2014, 4:56 pm

I REALLY NEED A TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE A PIXAR STYLE CAR CHARACTER.... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE! Thanks!
God Makes ALL The Difference! :D
Portfolio: towercg.weebly.com
Thanks!
Alpha 3D
Useful
Useful

Postby IrascibleOne » September 22nd, 2014, 6:31 pm

I'll add it to the list. I probably won't be able to do it now though. Too many other things going on and I can barely get to the things I have already started.

I can say that the gist of a tutorial like that will be to find a ton of reference images/videos and spend a lot of time studying the Pixar style. Even if you are adding your own flare, you have to know what makes the Pixar style Pixar's so you can properly recreate it. Once you have a good idea of what you will be doing, you just start modeling. Since you are trying to recreate someone else's style, it will be more difficult but if you keep working at it, you'll eventually get to something that you like.

On a related note, if you are interested in seeing a Pixar recreation done horribly wrong, check out Pixar's animated short Presto, then take a look at this terrible recreation.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alpha 3D » September 23rd, 2014, 3:12 am

IrascibleOne wrote:I'll add it to the list. I probably won't be able to do it now though. Too many other things going on and I can barely get to the things I have already started.

I can say that the gist of a tutorial like that will be to find a ton of reference images/videos and spend a lot of time studying the Pixar style. Even if you are adding your own flare, you have to know what makes the Pixar style Pixar's so you can properly recreate it. Once you have a good idea of what you will be doing, you just start modeling. Since you are trying to recreate someone else's style, it will be more difficult but if you keep working at it, you'll eventually get to something that you like.

On a related note, if you are interested in seeing a Pixar recreation done horribly wrong, check out Pixar's animated short Presto, then take a look at this terrible recreation.

I think they're both pretty darn good... That's just me though :geek:
God Makes ALL The Difference! :D
Portfolio: towercg.weebly.com
Thanks!
Alpha 3D
Useful
Useful

Previous
Return to Tutorials