blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Tutorial Idea

Tutorial Idea

Postby Ajjawz » June 9th, 2009, 10:17 pm

I'm curious if anyone knows about making smoke, (i'd say fire too, but as far as I know, fire in blender is very complex and difficult). And maybe good sparks, like when something heated would hit a wall, etc. But especially smoke.

it'd be awesome. Thanks!
Ajjawz
Starting Out
Starting Out

Re: Tutorial Idea

Postby IrascibleOne » June 9th, 2009, 10:31 pm

I had just found a good tutorial for fire along with the clear distortion smoke effect a few days ago on YouTube, although personally, I think it only looks good if you are animating it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg7-i997NH8

Personally, I haven't experimented enough to have made a good fire/smoke yet.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SPARTAN-001 » June 10th, 2009, 6:41 am

I know how to make good smoke, but i'm still working on the fire part.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby Dictator-for-life » June 10th, 2009, 11:38 am

I believe Blender: Noob to Pro had a decent example of smoke and fire, you could check it out there.

I too have been looking for a great tutorial on making smoke, making it with halos and particles gets to be pretty tricky and I would like to know how to add some fire in there also. I guess I just have to experiment more with it.. Practice makes perfect..
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby stardavid » November 30th, 2013, 6:30 am

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I think it is still usefull. I did some research and came up with a site that offers blender tutorials. I haven't tried them but I think it is good. This is the site http://filmmakeriq.com/2009/04/555-blender-tutorials/ . Thanks for help
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby IrascibleOne » November 30th, 2013, 9:46 am

Wow, that is quite a few sites I haven't seen before.

If you haven't seen it before, the tutorial links page on Noob to Pro has a pretty nice list of sites to look at too. http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/Tutorial_Links_List
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stardavid » November 30th, 2013, 11:21 am

Thanks very much for the url you posted. Its very useful. Thanks for help and co-operation.
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Tutorials