blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

A realistic Sony16 GB pen drive

A realistic Sony16 GB pen drive

Postby saurav2706 » August 4th, 2015, 2:08 am

pen drive.blend
[This is a very realistic looking 3D model of a pen drive rendered with cycles in blender 2.71
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by saurav2706 on August 15th, 2015, 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
saurav2706

Re: A realistic Sony16 GB pen drive

Postby brektzar » August 5th, 2015, 7:25 pm

Hey, and welcome to DS :D

Id say its well on its way to realistic, but not quite there yet.
I do have a few tips for you to get closer to photo realism.

First off, if you ever want it to look like its from the real world, use an HDR image to cast ligth.
HDR images also work as an environment that your models can reflect.

Add a small bump to the model, it will help the reflections in your anisotropic material.
But remember to keep the bump small and very light, too much and it wont look good, too little and it wont show at all.

I would also suggest adding a small space between the USB connector and the shell of the stick, sticks of the type that you modeled, the ones that you push out always have this tiny space there. And also the golden material needs some more work, in my opinion.

Oh, and the link you posted is to your local HDD, you should upload the image before linking it, we wont be able to see it otherwise :P

You are well on your way to realism, do not stop playing with the settings!
The best way to learn is to get your hands dirty and play with every little setting to see what it does :P

Please do not take what i wrote as anything bad, i only mean to give you some constructive critique.

Hope to see more artwork from you! :D
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby saurav2706 » August 15th, 2015, 9:09 am

Thanks for the suggestion I would like to follow. THANKS.. And sorry because I hv located the pic on my hard drive...Please tell me how to tag the picture along with blend file
saurav2706

Postby brektzar » August 15th, 2015, 9:52 am

You could upload the image to any file host and use that link instead of the local link you tried to use.
But, if you want to show it off on DS, this might be the best place for you: Submit file to DS
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Return to Tutorials