blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Camaro tutorial?

Camaro tutorial?

Postby ToysCraft » March 25th, 2014, 4:04 pm

Hi.
I'm pretty sure I downloaded a Camaro tutorial for Blender from this website a few months ago.
Now I re-formatted my hard drive and I need the PDF again but I cannot find it anywhere.
Please, anyone can upload it somewhere for me, if possible?
Thank you.
ToysCraft

Re: Camaro tutorial?

Postby brektzar » March 25th, 2014, 6:21 pm

The camaro tutorial is old and outdated so its no longer available. Irascible did however make a new car tutorial, this time covering the Honda HSV-010 GT.
This is a much better tutorial, easier to understand and better formatted. Its also updated to fit the new layout in Blender 2.5+.
http://darkscarab.com/resources/tutorials.php?id=43
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » March 25th, 2014, 7:31 pm

What Brek said. It's was old, outdated, and had some bad info in it. You're better off not following that tut anyways.

I do see that there is no PDF of the Honda version though, so I'll check and see why it isn't showing up now.

UPDATE: I uploaded a PDF of the newer car tutorial. If you are logged in, you should be able to see it show up in the download box under the title of the tutorial.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ToysCraft » March 26th, 2014, 3:58 am

Hi.
Thanks for the help, guys, but I should have mentioned that I specifically need the Camaro tutorial.
I'm well aware of the Honda HSV-010 one and it does not cover as much as the Camaro one. The interface is not a problem as I am accustomed to both the old and the new one.
I'm still hoping someone can upload it for me.
ToysCraft

Postby IrascibleOne » March 26th, 2014, 12:12 pm

ToysCraft wrote:it does not cover as much as the Camaro one

I don't mean to sound rude, but that's not true. I include more methods of modeling, new things I learned after making the Camaro tut, and do better at explaining topology. The only thing I pulled out was setting up the reference images, which I moved into a separate tutorial so I could go over the topic better. I also made an effort to cut out wordiness and extra fluff that wasn't necessary.

If the Camaro tutorial was just old, I wouldn't have a problem giving it to you. The main problem is bad information. If you've seen the BlenderNation post, you'll see people chewing me out for doing a terrible job on topology. I also got a few emails about it and lots of questions on the forum because I did a bad job at explaining a few things. I know I messed up, I know I did a bad job with it, and I still find it embarrassing.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be an unreasonable ass, but I refuse to knowingly be a source of bad information and cause problems for people in the long run.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ToysCraft » March 26th, 2014, 2:14 pm

Please, I really really need you to upload the Camaro one!
It is so frustrating to ask this so many times when it could have been done in the very first post.
It is my favorite tutorial which brought me to modelling.
I need the Camaro tutorial! Please.

I can understand it better than the Honda one. Please, do not worry about the topology. I am just a starter.
ToysCraft

Postby IrascibleOne » March 26th, 2014, 9:25 pm

You're frustrated? I'm trying to help you out here. Learning from that tutorial could come back to bite you later on. If it wasn't clear before, I'll say it now: I will not post that tutorial. I told you the reasons why and I stand by my decision.

Please, do not worry about the topology. I am just a starter.

If you have an option of learning how to do something correctly the first time, why wouldn't you do that? Topology isn't a topic only for advanced users, it's something you should learn early so you don't run into issues later on and have to relearn later on.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » March 27th, 2014, 3:53 am

I am sure that he appreciates the fact that your favourite tutorial is one of his, but as he said, a tutorial that teaches you to do something wrong is not a tutorial, it will damage your long term modelling and you should get the habit of doing stuff right the first time around.

The Honda tutorial is infinitely better, he explains everything in detail. Try it :P
If you dont understand the honda one, ask and we will do everything we can to help you out.

Please dont use tutorials that are older than version 2.5 of Blender, they tend to be very different and they dont use the tools as efficiently as they can be used in 2.5+.
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Return to Tutorials