blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

POV of a Noob

POV of a Noob

Postby knightsilver » June 28th, 2010, 1:52 pm

Well, yesterday marks my first year here at DS.

Also took me awhile to get started on Blender & Gimp. Blender 2.49 was the first Blender I touched but Im learning on 2.5 with the help of CGcookie's 2010 kit. Before I tryed thire other tutorials but with some stugle. But the 2010 kit seems to add precept on precept with the learning, which is the best way I learn. And prob for most noobs.

I wish I would of known what to look for when I first started Blender last year, that goes for Gimp too. Could the DS have a "Quick & Dirty 4 Noobs" section for Blender and Gimp. With links and (high quality and very detailed) tutorials(DS made tuts), thats very simple and quick to learn for the basics to intermediate. Maybe guild lines and a outline of sorts. And then have "beginner or Noob" for the section link'd google to help the new kid find DS and help as a Noob. I only found DS because i searched for a Blender Car tut.

I did find some of brektzar Gimp tuts.

shane
knightsilver
Contributor
Contributor

Re: POV of a Noob

Postby IrascibleOne » June 28th, 2010, 2:48 pm

I know we do have a big honking list of links for resources and stuff. Probably ought to make sure all the links still work, as I haven't looked through it at all in a long time.

But we could add a section for beginners, or maybe re-sort the links and/or give some indication of what level a user should be for each tutorial we list there or something like that. I think I'll go check on it now.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby knightsilver » June 28th, 2010, 3:01 pm

that would work.

Is their a DS basic modeling tut? Or maybe someone could do one, something real simple?(one basic model, covers, navigation, selection and things like edge loops and main modeling keybaord shortcuts) A video tut would be supper nice....

Im really liking the cgcookie 2010 kit, but I had pay for it. I was thinking that a tut could help get new blood to the DS, and free.

thanks
knightsilver
Contributor
Contributor

Postby IrascibleOne » June 28th, 2010, 4:27 pm

Yeah, I've been planning on getting a slew of video tutorials out but I have to get a website done for someone first, then I want to make a few actual new tutorials.

The closest thing I got to basic modeling at the moment is the car tutorial, but I think that assumes you know some things about Blender before you do it. I still have to update that one for 2.5. I could add a basics modeling in there as well. I'll add it to the list, which is getting quite long now, unfortunately.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dictator-for-life » July 3rd, 2010, 2:41 am

Congrats! I am sorry I haven't been around much lately.. One year is great! If you've been here for exactly a year.. <runs off to figure out how long he's been here>
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SPARTAN-001 » July 3rd, 2010, 5:50 am

Lol, it says your join date in the user info next to posts. You've been here since December 24, 2008. I've got all active members except Irascible beaten time-wise: November 5, 2008. So there. :lol:
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby Dictator-for-life » July 3rd, 2010, 11:32 pm

And only three posts behind.. Oh, wait, now four :D
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SPARTAN-001 » July 4th, 2010, 8:15 am

Hah. I should post more around here, it looks like. Maybe I'll be able to catch up to you. Probably not though.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Return to Blender 3D