blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Is there actually a backview in Blender?

Is there actually a backview in Blender?

Postby SUPERXZERO » December 5th, 2008, 10:50 am

Hello this is SUPERXZERO. Okay here's what happened, and was in the car modeling tutorial. First I set up the views into four seperate squares by clicking the right mouse button and clicked split area and repeated these steps until I got four sections. Next I setup each section in orthographic views by going to view> front in the first top left quandrant, view> side in the third bottom left quadrant, view> top in the fourth right quadrant, but when I go to the second right quadrant there's not a back seclection. Also I uploaded the reference images to see if it was working. Three of the quadrant views worked, but the second quadrant didn't show the back side of the vehicle. I tried to do some trial and error, but that still didn't work. Here's a screenshot of the problem.
screenshot_1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SUPERXZERO

Re: Is there actually a backview in Blender?

Postby IrascibleOne » December 5th, 2008, 2:43 pm

To go into the back view all you have to do is press 'Ctrl-1'. By pressing Ctrl the view will be on the opposite as it would if you just pressed '1'. Since pressing '1' gets you the front view, Ctrl-1 gives you the back view. This works the same way with top view (7 and Ctrl-7) and side view (3 and Ctrl-3).

For some reason if you don't do it like that then the background image will not appear. Even if you use 4 or 6 to rotate around to it.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Is there actually a backview in Blender?

Postby SUPERXZERO » December 5th, 2008, 3:04 pm

It worked! Thank you IrascibleOne you're a genius :D !
SUPERXZERO

Return to Blender 3D