blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Project 48

Project 48

Postby IrascibleOne » February 18th, 2013, 12:25 pm

I am working in a group on a project for school that involves Blender 3D. I've been wary about releasing information about it because we haven't figured everything out yet and we won't have specifications ready until Mid-March.

Here is what I know for sure:
  • The site will largely revolve around competitions/challenges. We hope to inject the ability for collaboration as well.
  • We plan on creating a Blender add-on to complement the site. All I'll say is the original goal was live streaming competitions. We haven't abandoned that goal, but time is working against us with everything we want to do and have to learn.
  • It will be ready in June. It's a graduation project. We have a schedule. The goal is to launch when we present our project. That is in late May/early June.

Here is what we are doing right now:
  • Creating the Website Outline
  • Determining rules for competitions/challenges
  • Researching/Learning Python

BTW, the name is temporary. For now our project group is known as "48" because we needed a name quick and I just blurted out a number. :)
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Project 48

Postby IrascibleOne » March 16th, 2013, 10:25 pm

It's mid-March and as promised, some specifics. :Dance:

Project Goal
Motivate people to create best works in a competitive but supportive environment through competitions and points.

Competitions
Many competitions will be running at once and people can pick the ones they want to enter.

Each competition will be started by either the site admins or certain users. The person who starts a competition will do so by uploading an image. This image will act as the topic for the competition. Others will upload works as entries. After the competition ends, people are awarded points accordingly.

Points are distributed with the idea of rewarding good and penalizing bad. Points will be given for winning competitions, upvotes/downvotes on entries and comments, etc. I expect the upvotes/downvotes to be a big factor and we want to create a community that upvotes comments that are supportive and helpful and uploaded works that are high quality and downvote comments/works that are not. We would like points to lead to prizes and have some individual competitions with prizes.

The Blender Addon
At this point, the plugin will give people the ability to do screencasts and directly upload them to the site. One of my partners has been working on the specifics, so I'll probably share more at a later time.

I tried to keep this short, so as not to bore you, so if you have questions, fire away :D . I have wireframes I can load too, if anyone is interested. ;)
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby IrascibleOne » May 11th, 2013, 11:52 am

We are making progress with the project.

I've completed the majority of the coding for the website and am currently working on the visuals. Once that is done, we plan on getting it up on the web for a beta release. Our original plan was to do so this upcoming Friday. I'm going to really try to make that date.

We also have a new name, but I think I will keep quiet until we get the domain and hosting and all that. :silent:

That said, here are a couple of wireframes you can check out:
IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » May 11th, 2013, 1:30 pm

Big ass image huh?
mrcircles has the most wins but masterartguy has the most points, why is that? :?:

Awesome concepts, cant wait to actually see it working :P
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » May 12th, 2013, 6:40 pm

That's because wins aren't the only way to get points. ;)

Upvotes/downvotes, inspiring other posts, and a few other things will get you points too. Basically, do good things, you get points. Do bad things, you lose points. We still have to have a meeting about how many points are awarded for different things though...
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » May 12th, 2013, 8:42 pm

Sounds promising :P
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » May 23rd, 2013, 4:30 pm

Logo Time! Will reveal the name when we buy the domain. Which will hopefully be this weekend. Our deadline is June 6. The site will be up in public beta by then. Getting close!

bird.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » May 23rd, 2013, 6:26 pm

Nice! :D
Could the name have something to do with sparrow perhaps? :P The logo does kinda look like one ^^
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » May 23rd, 2013, 8:09 pm

Maaaayyyyybeee :silent:

I will say this though, we went with a bird because one of my group members freaking loves hummingbirds. I didn't specifically try to draw one though, so just a generic bird. :D

If you want a hint, it starts with a V and it's spelled wrong. Can't find domains using correct spelling these days...
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » May 29th, 2013, 12:01 am

So, when is the release gonna be? ;)
I am eager to look at it :P
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Next
Return to Blender 3D