blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Project 48

Re: Project 48

Postby IrascibleOne » May 29th, 2013, 11:45 am

Very very soon. I actually just got hosting today and plan on buying our domain next. I'm not too pleased that we are as far behind as we are, but it is what it is I guess. Won't have all the functionality I wanted either, so it'll probably be a little rough around the edges when it first opens up. Feeling good about it though.

I want to have something up this weekend at the latest so I can make sure everything is working for our deadline - June 6.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » May 29th, 2013, 11:50 am

Ok :) Really looking forward to it! :)
But im a tiny bit worried about Imantu, having several sites most likely means one has to go or one has to be neglected for some time right?
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » May 29th, 2013, 3:30 pm

Unfortunately, yes. Even though I have help with the new site, I'm getting spread too thin. Plus, the need to make money is more important now.

That said, I have been contemplating the fate of DS and Imantu. One option is to focus on one (probably DS :D ) and let the other go neglected (Imantu :( ). The other option is combining DS and Imantu into one website. Which may allow us to combine the best of both worlds.

After I graduate, it's something I plan on thinking long and hard about. Maybe we can start a new thread and we can all talk about it. Both sites are a bit of a mess, so it would give us a chance to have a fresh start, get everything done right, and having something that other Blender sites don't have.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » May 29th, 2013, 5:22 pm

Ok, im all for a merging of the two. That might make it easier for you to do "for fun" contests as well since you have a system at imantu. Or am i wrong? :P
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » May 29th, 2013, 9:39 pm

Yeah, it does have one, but I can't remember how I had it set up, it's been so long! :oops:

Also, I bought the domain:
both1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » May 30th, 2013, 7:27 am

Awesoe! All thats left is for you to get the site up and running then? :P
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » May 30th, 2013, 6:13 pm

For the most part. I have a few minor bits I need to finish first, then I think I'll upload everything on the server. That'll probably happen on Saturday, since I won't have much time tomorrow.

After the server kinks and whatnot are all worked out, we'll open it up. Then it's a matter of me fixing up the roughest parts as fast as I can so we are as awesome as possible by next Thursday. Probably won't be pretty, but it's going to happen.

I'm getting excited!! :D
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » May 31st, 2013, 3:24 am

Ok, cant wait to try it out :P
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » June 2nd, 2013, 12:04 am

Did a boatload of work ironing out kinks Friday/Saturday but I think things are slowly getting to where they need to be. The site is at [url]vyrtical.com[/url].

For now, beware of dirty words and excessive amounts of unicorns :shifty: . I'm going to wipe the database sometime in the next couple of days, so don't pour your heart into it quite yet! I'll let you know when we are ready to start the site for real and you can start loading things onto it.

Even though I'm still polishing up most of the site, any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I really want this site to be as good as possible before Thursday rolls around.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » June 2nd, 2013, 1:45 am

So i tried uploading an entry. It worked, but there is no way to edit the entry, a function that lets you edit an entry for a day or so after its been submitted would be nice :P

Everything i tried worked i think, if it did you will see a few flagged comments... they were just so immature..

Also, you need a favicon!
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

PreviousNext
Return to Blender 3D