blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

My First 3D Model Try

My First 3D Model Try

Postby Blood55 » February 21st, 2011, 8:54 am

Hi;

I sort of finished my first model. It is a 1930 Ford Model A. I thought I would post the image from the render so those of you who have been helping me with all of my dumb questions could see the results. I think I did ok for the first try. Not sure how to do any animation with it yet.

Thanks again,

Blood55
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blood55
Starting Out
Starting Out

Re: My First 3D Model Try

Postby brektzar » February 21st, 2011, 9:01 am

First model? :O Hard to believe! :P
One thing i would say, which you probably allready know, is thate the car does not fit in with the background, you should try to do some post processing in GIMP or Photoshop. It would help alot. :)

But anyway, its awesome that you made a model this good as your first :P Super beginners luck or super talent? ^^ My first model looks like crap xD
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby Dictator-for-life » February 21st, 2011, 4:38 pm

I must agree, that's an amazing first model, you should be especially proud :clap:

Like Brektzar said, you'll probably do some touch-ups/post processing with GIMP, but I'd really encourage you to look into composting and nodes first: http://www.blender.org/development/rele ... ite-nodes/

If you really want to pursue mixing real live footage with your models, composting and nodes is the way to go. Best of all, Blender has these built in!

Good luck on all future projects!
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby brektzar » February 21st, 2011, 5:02 pm

Oh right.. i totally forgot about nodes -_-
Basically nodes in Blender is a scaled down version of GIMP ^^ You can do ALOT with nodes :)
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby SPARTAN-001 » February 21st, 2011, 7:00 pm

That's very good for a first try! The easiest method to make it fit together better is editing in GIMP or Photoshop, but if you want to explore different render engines, those can add a great deal of realism to renders as well.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby themitchel0 » February 23rd, 2011, 5:19 pm

for your first model, wait any model that is great, much better than anything ive ever made! ever! i applaud you a lot.
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

Postby Blood55 » February 24th, 2011, 11:59 am

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate the support. I went to the link for the nodes and also looked at one of the tutorials to understand how to add different node combinations to change the image.

I tried some of the basic nodes like blur or filter. I can see it changes the oject in the composite view but how do you get the composite view to actually be the rendered image? When I click Render, it just renders the first level like before.

Also, there are so many options on the nodes that I am not sure what I should be trying to work with? Can you make some suggestions on which nodes / types you would apply to my situation to make the image look more realistic?

Blood55
Blood55
Starting Out
Starting Out

Postby brektzar » February 24th, 2011, 12:45 pm

To make sure it is rendered press F10 on your keyboard, then look for a button that says "do composite" make sure it is on.

Also make sure you have a composite node, you add those by pressing SHIFT+A>output>composite.

Hope this helped. :)

To make the image look more realistic, i would use a higher res image and make sure that the render is not rendered in a bigger resolution than the image.

Compared to the image, your car is super clear. You should either get a clearer image, or add some depth of field maybe so that the car is in focus the rest isnt. It COULD work, not sure though.
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby Blood55 » March 7th, 2011, 10:48 am

Hi;

I did some work with the nodes to try to blend the model in better with the picture. I guess it looks a little better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blood55
Starting Out
Starting Out

Postby brektzar » March 7th, 2011, 2:05 pm

It feels like you just blurred it, it needs the same "feeling" as the image behind it, or it will look out of place. It IS really hard to make it look good though.

Try to find good tips on compositing in blender.
Heres a PDF on some tips:
http://members.dodo.com.au/iaina/BlenderNodePrimer.pdf
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Return to Works in Progress