blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Missile

Missile

Postby 3LeggedDog » September 18th, 2010, 5:14 am

I was trying to figure out how to put an Alpha channel in my texture files with Gimp, and was also messing around with the AddObject buttons, when, after finally meeting with success on several fronts, I came upon the idea of a missile.
Here it is: press the P key to start the game and RMB to fire the missile.

This is a 2.49b file.
AddObject13.blend

(Edit) Oops; forgot to add a text file telling how it works! The first missile u see, which is just set in place under the wing, is a dummy. As soon as someone presses the RMB the dummy missile is deleted from the active seen and replaced by an exact copy that is located in another layer. (i.e. End Object; AddObject)
The rocket motor is actually 2 counter rotating objects with a stationary cone placed in the center. What I found to be very convenient is the fact that Blender added the two flattened objects and cone to the Scene only because they were Parented to the missile - in other words, whatever is Parented to the object being added to the scene will also be added; u don't have to add each by name.
Also, a PLane does not have the same characteristics as any other object - I tried using a plane to put my images on, but could not make the Plane spin, or even get it to be added to the scene once it was parented to the missile. I ended up squashing 2 rectangles to use as my planes. Don't know why Planes are different, but they are. (FYI)
(It took 13 tries to figure it all out, but now I could redo it in about 5 or ten minutes - making the image and then UV it takes the most time.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3LeggedDog
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Missile

Postby IrascibleOne » September 18th, 2010, 6:17 pm

That is awesome and thanks for all the info. I got it to work in 2.54 too, just so you know.

It took 13 tries to figure it all out, but now I could redo it in about 5 or ten minutes

It's amazing how that works isn't it?
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SPARTAN-001 » September 18th, 2010, 6:27 pm

NIce work, 3LeggedDog! You can do some pretty amazing stuff in the game engine. :thumbup:
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby 3LeggedDog » September 19th, 2010, 5:49 am

Thnx, guys. Yep, it still amazes me everytime, IrascacibleOne! :cry:
3LeggedDog
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stardavid » December 19th, 2014, 11:53 pm

nice work. keep it up
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby brektzar » December 20th, 2014, 12:42 am

Please refrain from necro posting. This topic is old and the OP seems to have left DS.
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Return to Works in Progress