blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

camaro ss!

camaro ss!

Postby yaz » October 1st, 2014, 8:23 pm

hi,I just started to do first car model project and the very first time for me to model, in blender, a huge thing like this...i know this may not look so good for you guys,
but it is a masterpiece for me, :P

i'll upload a few pics of my model
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yaz
Still New
Still New

Re: camaro ss!

Postby brektzar » October 1st, 2014, 9:54 pm

Its looking real good so far! Especially since youre a beginner at this. :)
Are you using the tutorial by Irascibleone?
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby yaz » October 1st, 2014, 10:04 pm

yeah.. and some details that i expected were missing in that tutorial...but i'm not hurting his work...in fact the tutorial was the first thing that inspired me!
i have some questions about how to fill that front part.you can see from the pic that i left it..i have some pproblem with my mobile browser in uploading some extra images...if i find time i will do it
yaz
Still New
Still New

Postby IrascibleOne » October 1st, 2014, 11:00 pm

The Camaro tutorial? I've actually been recommending people to not use that tutorial and use the updated version that models a Honda sports car instead. I've fixed quite a few problems that exist in the Camaro tutorial, primarily concerning topology. Also, you should still be able to model a Camaro using the newer Honda version, if you prefer to do so. The overall process is identical and if you need help, we're always here in the forum!

And don't worry about saying negative things about my work! I always love any kind of feedback, whether it's good or bad. :D If no one helps me see what I've done wrong, then I can never improve it!

I'm not sure which part of the front of the car you referring to. Do you mean the gap between the hood and the body?
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby yaz » October 1st, 2014, 11:12 pm

yes,the region below the chevrolet logo.
i mean, everything in the front region!
yaz
Still New
Still New

Postby IrascibleOne » October 2nd, 2014, 3:46 pm

Well, the gap between the hood and the body will be tough, because the vertices don't line up (something I teach better in the Honda version). What I would do is select the edge of the hood along the gap, duplicate it, scale it up slightly (because you still do want a tiny gap), then do your best filling in the empty space. It will probably have to make some loop cuts (something else I don't think I had in the Camaro tut) to get some nice quads though.

As for the grille, I think I go over that in the tut, but later on. I can't quite remember. But almost every part of the car is created through a very similar process. You outline the edges, position the edges using the different views, and fill it in with faces. A lot of times you will have to just make your best guess and just fiddle with things until it looks good. Other than that, it just takes practice, practice, practice and not to be afraid of messing up and redoing parts.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby yaz » October 2nd, 2014, 7:32 pm

i've restarted the process several times to design the front.but i'm not satisfied with it.i'll show my work and let you to decide whether it is okay or not..i also have some questions about how to smoothen the edges where i want it to be smooth and sharpen the edges where i want it to be sharrp.
yaz
Still New
Still New

Postby IrascibleOne » October 3rd, 2014, 10:28 pm

There are a handful of ways to sharpen edges. There should be a step that covers auto smooth in both car tuts (I know its bottom of step 5 in the Honda tut).

Other ways are using loop cuts (Ctrl-R, I think) and sliding the cut really close to the edge you want to be sharp. However, that may be hard to use if you have triangles in your mesh. It also adds complexity to your mesh.

You can also use the Edge Split modifier, which works very similarly to the auto-smooth setting.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby yaz » November 11th, 2014, 5:20 am

camaro blue
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yaz
Still New
Still New

Postby yaz » November 11th, 2014, 5:24 am

red
IrascibleOne wrote:Well, the gap between the hood and the body will be tough, because the vertices don't line up (something I teach better in the Honda version). What I would do is select the edge of the hood along the gap, duplicate it, scale it up slightly (because you still do want a tiny gap), then do your best filling in the empty space. It will probably have to make some loop cuts (something else I don't think I had in the Camaro tut) to get some nice quads though.

As for the grille, I think I go over that in the tut, but later on. I can't quite remember. But almost every part of the car is created through a very similar process. You outline the edges, position the edges using the different views, and fill it in with faces. A lot of times you will have to just make your best guess and just fiddle with things until it looks good. Other than that, it just takes practice, practice, practice and not to be afraid of messing up and redoing parts.
yaz
Still New
Still New

Next
Return to Works in Progress