blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Speed heat : a car racing game

Speed heat : a car racing game

Postby stardavid » November 30th, 2013, 8:40 am

Hi guys, i am on a project called "Speed Heat". It's a racing game. Any help I get from you guys will be appreciated. It's going to be a complex game. If you need any info on this you could ask me to give you. Thanks for help and co-operation
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Speed heat : a car racing game

Postby IrascibleOne » December 1st, 2013, 7:51 pm

Sound cool! Looking forward to watching progress on this.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » December 3rd, 2013, 3:40 pm

Nice! Do you have any progress image goodies to show us? :D
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby stardavid » December 4th, 2013, 8:27 am

Thanks. Nope i do not hav for now but when i have i will post it. I have just started the project but i have got the storyline, types of cars for the game(am still adding) and many other few things. I have not listed out the stages and competition yet but i will do so as i am progressing. Thanks for help and co-operation
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stardavid » May 4th, 2014, 7:04 am

Hi,
seems i cant do this game alone else i would spend 3 or more years on it because its quite complex like asphalt:-D . Although i want to keep low poly so that it wont be compatible with psp, ipad, android and pc. I still got a lot of things to learn so i may be wrong in some part. So i think i need modellers but there are no wages or salary:-D but you wil get a copy of the game when it is finished.
Thanks for help.
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stardavid » May 4th, 2014, 7:06 am

Sorry i meant,
i want to keep low poly so that it would be compatible with psp, android, ipad and pc.
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby djm » May 4th, 2014, 1:13 pm

I for one would like some more info in terms of concept, what is the game about, really? What do you want it to look like? How big do you want it to be? Do you have the knowledge to make the game? Do you have the right tools to finish it? Etc.. Making a game is easy, but making a "real" game is hard work and requires a ton of dedication and seriousness. I'm not gonna jump in on a project I know nothing about, especially not when all I know is "it's a racing game" and "I need modellers". I need more than that.. Sorry.
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Postby IrascibleOne » May 4th, 2014, 8:05 pm

I don't want to be negative or mean, but you probably won't get any help as is. I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll say it here too. If you start a community project or a project where you need free help, you should expect to do everything yourself. It will probably take forever to do and it will be difficult. The failure rate of projects like this is probably near 100%.

It isn't all bad though. If you are passionate enough about your project, you will find a way to finish it. If you aren't sure, you can do what I do before starting any project:
SHOW SPOILER
I have compiled questions over the years and use them before I start every project. I don't claim to be an expert nor do I claim any comments in here are completely correct. I just wrote them in a way that would make me seriously think about the project before starting it.
Also, there's cursing in here and I might sound blunt or harsh. Keep in mind that I wrote these questions for myself and any comments in here are NOT targeted at any specific project (for instance, these were written before this thread was even started).

• What is the purpose of this project?
    If there's no point to the project other than just doing it, then it's a waste of time. You aren't getting anything, no one else is getting anything, everyone loses and you'll end up going home with your tail between your legs. (BTW, "Just for fun" is a shitty purpose.)
  • What problem is this project solving?
    What is wrong with existing projects of the same type? Chances are something similar already exists and people won't be excited about yet another similar project doing a similar thing. If you aren't fixing something or if there is nothing to fix, then you are wasting your time.
  • How will this project benefit others?
    If you want others to help or care about the project, they have to get something out of it. You get something, bosses get something, employees get paid, customers get a product or service, bystanders may get to benefit from it as well. Everyone involved should get something out of it. If no one benefits from it, then you are wasting your time.
  • What would other people expect out of this project?
    There are probably existing similar projects, so people already have a minimum expectation for yours. These are things you will need to include in your project, otherwise it is a waste of time. This doesn't mean adding tons of features to match everyone else, but to get to the core of the project and get an idea of how big the project will be at a minimum. If the project is too massive, quit now, you are wasting your time.
  • What will make this project unique?
    If you cannot come up with a solid reason why your project will stand out or what will make it unique, quit now. There's already a fan base somewhere else and unless you have something absolutely amazing and new to offer, you are fucked.
  • Why should other people give a shit?
    This is similar to previous questions, but this is more of a matter of how strong those answers are. If the problem being solved is minor or the benefits aren't all that great or the thing that makes your project unique isn't very strong, quit now. If you are too attached to your project/idea it might be hard to admit it, but just because you think it's the greatest thing in the world doesn't mean anyone else will give a flying fuck.
  • What do you believe in?
    This is meant to identify the fire that keeps this project running. If you don't believe in what you are doing, you are going to lose steam fast. You have to believe in your project and believe in what you are doing so you and everyone with you will put their heart into it. Not pumped up? Then GTFO.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stardavid » May 5th, 2014, 12:38 am

thanks for the advice
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stardavid » May 8th, 2014, 3:12 am

Hi,
here are the answers to some of the questions me asked:
(1) what is the game about: the game is a racing game as i said earlier, the game is set in a state called meteor state where there are different racing teams and you play as a protagonist named ryan who he and his friends always wanted to be among one of those great racing teams. The story is quite long, i dnt know if you want to hear the story but if you do you could ask me.
(2) what do you want it to look like: i really want it to look like a real game where by the game looks real and feels real.
(3) how big do you wamt it to be: actually am not sure how big it will be because am still on the map but i will be through with the map soon.
(4) do you have the experience to make the game: not really but as i progress i keep learning to get better.
(5) do you have the right tools to finish the game: not yet but does are not a problem. I will get them soon.
Please if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Next
Return to Works in Progress