blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Desert Eagle

Desert Eagle

Postby IrascibleOne » August 31st, 2013, 10:27 pm

Finally! A chance to do a new Blender project! :Dance:

I've wanted to do another decent project for a really long time now, so to go along with the game engine tutorials updates, I decided I'd make a really nice looking weapon. I ended up choosing the Desert Eagle. This is the high poly version right now. Have a couple minor bits to do, but it is pretty close to done.

Desert Eagle Gallery

So, it's definitely not low poly and not good for a game as is. Will use it to create the low poly version to use in the game tutorials though.

Offtopic Note: The ImantuImg tag is broken! Will figure out how to fix that soon.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Desert Eagle

Postby brektzar » September 5th, 2013, 6:00 am

Looking good!
Although i would like to see it in silver or chrome ;) And a wireframe perhaps?
Cant wait to see how you do the lowpoly one.
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » September 5th, 2013, 4:45 pm

Updated original post to include a wireframe shot. Not the best topology in the world, but oh well.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brektzar » September 6th, 2013, 5:43 am

It looks good, it shouldnt be too hard to take topology out of this mesh and fake it with textures when its done.
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » October 25th, 2013, 9:22 pm

I decided that my render was boring. Like the vast majority of my 'final' renders. I knew it was due to a lack of textures and that I plain stink at that, so I decided to try my hand at texture painting for the first time. And get something new under my belt.

I updated my slideshow above with a render. Maybe an hour or so worth of work, figuring out how to texture paint and screwing around with the brushes and all. I only did the barrel of the gun and am not really happy with it, but I think even with how bad it is, it really helps give it some life.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Works in Progress