blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Invisible objects ruining my noobgame :D

Invisible objects ruining my noobgame :D

Postby inse » August 2nd, 2011, 4:09 am

Hello and sorry for bothering you with this noobish question but ive searched for a few hours without any luck so ill give it a try.

I've just started learning Blender and trying to do a basic game (a block moving on some other blocks). But the movement are sometimes interrupted by invisible objects either stoping the "car" or making it turn... I dont understand what it is? I mean there cant be anything since its just two basic blocks but still...

Any ideas ?
inse

Re: Invisible objects ruining my noobgame :D

Postby SPARTAN-001 » August 2nd, 2011, 8:09 am

If you'd like, you could post your .blend for us to take a look at, because I can't really tell based on your description. Also, welcome to Dark Scarab!
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby inse » August 3rd, 2011, 3:46 am

Thanks for your reply. Ill attach the file so you can try it out. The invisible objects appear at random spots all the time so just drive around and you will see it :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
inse

Postby IrascibleOne » August 3rd, 2011, 12:13 pm

I'm not entirely sure what the problem is, but the problem seemed to lessen significantly when I made the Margin in the Collision Bound section for both the car and the terrain to 10cm. Other than that, I don't know how you could definitively get rid of it. Even at 5cm for both its a little bumpy...I don't know a heck of a lot about the game engine, so I can't really help much beyond that.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby inse » August 8th, 2011, 3:03 am

No ideas? The margin solution isnt that good since it just moves the object from the floor and it looks kinda stupid with a floating car :)
inse

Postby djm » August 8th, 2011, 6:10 am

inse wrote:No ideas? The margin solution isnt that good since it just moves the object from the floor and it looks kinda stupid with a floating car :)

Off Topic:

Floating cars are epic ;)

Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Return to Blender Game Engine