blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

tank game

tank game

Postby hurricane777 » July 16th, 2010, 2:30 pm

hi everyone, i know i havent posted anything lately, but i started a new project recently. its a tank game, i have the setting, player and enemies. i have been running into some problems, the current controls for the player tank arent tank-like movement, i need to limit the canon rotation and i would really like some help on this.
in space, no one can hear you scream, on earth, no one cares
hurricane777
Useful
Useful

Re: tank game

Postby brektzar » July 16th, 2010, 2:31 pm

Im no expert on this at all.. But i do believe you can limit its movement with constraints?
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby hurricane777 » July 16th, 2010, 2:34 pm

i dont think that constraint work on the BGE
hurricane777
Useful
Useful

Postby brektzar » July 16th, 2010, 2:35 pm

Hmm, ok, i do think i read that somewhere :S Cant remember where though...:( If i find something ill tell you.
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby SPARTAN-001 » July 16th, 2010, 2:38 pm

Hey, welcome back! I know that you can use constraints in the BGE, I don't know how to use them, but I know that you can use them. Sorry I can't help more, but I don't deal with the BGE on a regular basis.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby hurricane777 » July 16th, 2010, 3:07 pm

ok thanks
hurricane777
Useful
Useful

Postby hurricane777 » July 17th, 2010, 9:52 am

by the way, i want to make the game like a free-for-all fight, but i need to randomize the paths of the ai's, can anyone tell me how to achieve this?
hurricane777
Useful
Useful

Postby Dictator-for-life » July 17th, 2010, 11:34 am

Ooooooooog, my head. Haven't played with BGE in the longest time. For the cannon, you can easily obtain an FPS script and modify it. For the randomization, you have a random actuator. Bad explanation, I have to go to work and am in a rush, sorry. Constraints do not work in the BGE. As I have told you before numerous times, if you want to make a game, LEARN PYTHON. You won't go anywhere without it. Wish you the best of luck with this project :D
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby hurricane777 » July 17th, 2010, 11:57 am

well, i have been able to finish more advanced AIs, fps and weapon switching, etc. i believe all i need is on the physic blocks, i just need to find it
hurricane777
Useful
Useful

Postby Dictator-for-life » July 18th, 2010, 12:33 am

What did these advanced AI's do? Randomizing direction should not even be advanced, it'll just take a huge amount of properties and states to accomplish it. You should be able to do it by now; it's not difficult and you've been using the BGE for a very long time now. I am still holding to my recommendation in saying, and overemphasizing the importance of learning Python because who wants to deal with that kind of a headache? The blocks can be very confusing if you don't identify them properly, and states only adds to the confusion. And when you sit down to make a real, lengthy, full-feature game, you will not be able to do cutscenes or even simple physics effects without scripting in Python. You will not always find a script you can just change the inputs of from off of the internet. Sooner or later you will need a script that nobody has. Just thought I would make my case. I will still try to assist you if I can and if I am around.
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Next
Return to Blender Game Engine