blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

bge and a high end computer

bge and a high end computer

Postby yazz » April 25th, 2015, 11:06 pm

when a high poly and high res textured game made in blender is played in a high end system will it run smooth with out a crash. and i want to know whether its the game engine or the system that is crashing.
yazz
Starting Out
Starting Out

Re: bge and a high end computer

Postby djm » April 26th, 2015, 12:13 pm

As the game Engine geek on this forum I can tell you right away; the BGE is not omptimized to handle high res of any kind (textures, models etc). It is created to maintain stability for as long as the ocntent within the game itself remains basic to a certain level of detail. You can make a game with high poly models and high rex textures but it will either lag or eventually crash. So right now, the BGE is not heavily dependent on your PC at all.

Keep in mind though, some people have managed to create nifty Python scripts for their games that enhances the optimization for their games. However, this requires a lot of technical understanding of the BGE and the source code of Blender, since this is not a simple task by any stretch of imagination.
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Re: bge and a high end computer

Postby brektzar » April 26th, 2015, 12:16 pm

You should not make games high poly, make them low to mid poly and hide any visible polygons with good texturing.
A high poly game, with everything being high poly, yeah that would most likely crash the game, it would most likely be because you use all available power, when theres none left to use the game will either be extremely slow or it will crash and give you an error that states why it crashed.

To increase detail in their games, devs use techniques like tessellation, normal maps and post processing.

However, you did not specify what parts were in the system, nor did you specify how high the poly count would be so its hard to say for sure what would happen in your scenario.
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Return to Blender Game Engine