blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

stereoscopic 3d

stereoscopic 3d

Postby yaz » April 15th, 2015, 6:35 pm

i just discovered this option and it was cool. and i don't have 3d glass to test. does it really doing its job? i mean the activation is so simple. will its function be good. as the well known proverb says no pain no gain.
yaz
Still New
Still New

Re: stereoscopic 3d

Postby IrascibleOne » April 16th, 2015, 8:07 pm

I remember hearing about it when it was first announced, but never tried it because I never had glasses to see it with. If it's just the blue/red 3D, then it's actually a fairly simple concept so I wouldn't be surprised if it was easy to activate. If it's the newer 3D stuff though, then I don't know. Theoretically, it could be that simple to activate but I would assume render times might be negatively affected, but that's just a guess on my part.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: stereoscopic 3d

Postby djm » April 26th, 2015, 12:15 pm

The steropscopic 3D in BGE is okay at best. It is not wow, but it is not complete garbage either. Like any other 3D effect in games or movies it is not just about the ease of use but also about HOW you use it and WHAT you use it on. If you use it in a game then you will need fine details on both models and textures for it to actually look decent, and that is more than the BGE can handle at this point, sadly.
Regards, DJM aka Sheldin!

DeviantArt Profile
http://sheldiner.deviantart.com/

Youtube (Tutorials/Gaming)
http://www.youtube.com/SheldinLP
djm
Pro
Pro

Return to Blender Game Engine