blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Rendering question

Rendering question

Postby xabier » July 27th, 2011, 3:21 am

Hi all,
I recently started to use blender and I followed the Camaro tutorial on this site, I have almost all the modeling done but I don´t know hot to render it, I would like to achieve a quite realistic rendering.

I think blender has the possibility to set materials, background and make some rendering, but I don´t know how to use it or if the result is good, do someone have a tutorial or something for this? I will mostly work on cars, so you know what kind of things I need for that.

Another optios is an external renderer, such as Yafaray or luxblend, I have both of them installed but when I try luxblend, I am completely lost, I don´t know how it works (I have tryed the rendering software for solidworks and it has nothing in common...) So, if you have a tutorial or some tips for starting to use luxblend I would be very pleased.
Next is Yafaray, Wich is installed but when I hit in blender the render menu, appears yafaray exporter, together with the previous luxblend, but when i hit it it says : "Python script error: Check console" What does it mean, what do I have to do?
Well, thas all for now, Thank you very much and I hope someone can help me.
xabier

Re: Rendering question

Postby IrascibleOne » July 27th, 2011, 12:31 pm

I personally always use Blender Internal renderer, but I think your best bet for realistic renders is to not use the internal render engine in Blender. It's more difficult to get realistic renders (some would say impossible) out of it.

I think this tutorial would work perfectly for what you are doing. He does use Luxrender to get a realistic render of his car. The site also has other tutorials for Luxrender, so you might want to check those out as well.

Since it seems likely that Cycles is going to be packaged with Blender when it is done, you might find it worthwhile to check outBlenderCookie's intro on it.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rendering question

Postby xabier » July 28th, 2011, 5:15 am

ok, thank you very much, I´ll try it and lets see what I am able to do.
xabier

Return to Compositing and Rendering