blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Help with a car render?

Help with a car render?

Postby Rotorhead » July 11th, 2011, 3:25 pm

I am came across this website while doing a search for a particular paint scheme/concept for a 2010 Camaro. I was impressed by I think one of the site moderators rendition of their Camaro, and then I started to read more about Blender. I've watched enough tutorials on Youtube to have almost given up hope for trying to get this rendition done. Is it possible to download whoever's Camaro render to just tweak the colors, and add/subtract mods?

Before I spend the 10k+ dollars on this concept I would REALLY love to see it done out. I've even tried buying the 1:25 models and painting them by hand :). Just doesn't do it justice.

My concept:
2010 Two-tone Camaro. Black body and white ON THE TOP. I can't find even a picture of this. The rims would be Asanti Axis 606 powder coated black inside, and white on the well/outside rim. I'd love to learn how to play around with the paint/mods/rims on my own so I don't have to bother anyone with requests, but I need the initial blueprint? or object file from someone to get going?

Any help would be appreciated (even a link to a picture of the above).

Thank you
Rotorhead

Re: Help with a car render?

Postby brektzar » July 11th, 2011, 4:13 pm

Heres the blueprints for the Camaro:
http://carblueprints.info/blueprints/ch ... o-2008.gif

Just get those resized and optimized and youll be ready to start your own model of it, i do recommend that since its easier for you to add detail to specific areas if you know the way the car was built, that can be tricky with some other guys model :P

I think the render you talk about is the one by Irascibleone, and hes the Administrator(TOP DOG! :O) here, if you ask him nicely he might just share his model with you xD
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby Rotorhead » July 11th, 2011, 6:16 pm

Thank you very much Brek!
Rotorhead

Postby brektzar » July 11th, 2011, 6:47 pm

Youre welcome! :)
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby Rotorhead » July 25th, 2011, 2:04 pm

Brek,
Hey I found a .blend of a camaro, and am having problems editing the model. I've watched quite a few tutorials, but haven't found one that can explain what I'm trying to do.

I would like to:

1) Split the door panels into two so I can assign different colors to them. I was trying to highlight the faces, but don't know how to detach them from the rest of the object for editing. When I go to change the color via the materials it changes the whole object, and not the faces I have selected??

2) How do I take the rims out and just seperate them so I can modify/edit/sculp them into the design i like, and then put them BACK into the object so that they're attached?

Please PM me so we don't bore everyone else here on how to do this.
Rotorhead

Postby brektzar » July 25th, 2011, 3:58 pm

First off, its good that the solution is open for everyone to see, so ill eply here. :P

1#
To add two materials to one object, select the faces you want to have a different material(in edit mode), then go to the materials and click the assign button under the big box with the material names, do this when you have the faces AND the material you want selected.

2#
To take the rims out just select them in edit mode and press "P"
This will separate them from the object and make a new one. To join them again, select bothe the rims and the rest that were connected to them before and press "CTRL+J"
That will merge them into one object again :)

Hope this helped :P If not ill try better next time ^^
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby Rotorhead » July 26th, 2011, 4:39 pm

Thanks again Brek. I was able to add the colors I wanted to where I wanted them to an extent. And I was able to separate them from the body, but my sculpting skills are not up to the task. I'm going to go back to photoshop but this has been a great learning experience.
Rotorhead

Postby brektzar » July 27th, 2011, 8:44 am

No problem, glad it helped :D
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Return to Compositing and Rendering