blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Blender 2.49b No curve in RGB Node

Blender 2.49b No curve in RGB Node

Postby car313 » March 21st, 2011, 10:09 pm

Dear People
I am a newbie as well as a new member here.
I have a question. I am trying to follow a Blender 3D Nodes tutorial. In one of the steps I am required to add an RGB Node in the Node Editor and tweak the curve.
The problem is the node thingy does not show a curve at all. What am I missing? BTW I am running Win XP Prof 32 bit on an Intel Core 2 Duo and using Blender 3D 2.49b.
I would be very grateful for some hint. I am attaching a small part of the screen shot.
car313
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
car313

Re: Blender 2.49b No curve in RGB Node

Postby SPARTAN-001 » March 22nd, 2011, 3:56 am

What happens when you try to draw in the curve? Does it still stay blank? It's possible that it's a display bug. I'm at school right now and can't get my hands on a copy of 2.49, so I can't test it right now, sorry.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby car313 » March 22nd, 2011, 6:18 am

Dear Spartan-001
Thanks a lot for your reply!
I am able to click in the node get a white dot. I do not know if this is relevant but I am able to see a curve in 2.44 as well as in 2.56a on the same system.
Thanks again!
(Edited)
Sorry Spartan-001
I forgot to add screen shot for Blender 2.44. My Blender 2.56beta does not have a dump screen option (or I do not know where to find it), but in 2.56beta I get a curve in the RGB node.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
car313

Postby brektzar » March 22nd, 2011, 9:50 am

Hmm, i am running windows 7 on a core 2 quad CPU with Blender 2.49(and 2.5) and it works like a charm. I would suggest that you try pressing the X to reset it, if that doesnt work then i would say that SPARTAN is right, it could be a display bug.
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby car313 » March 22nd, 2011, 8:09 pm

Dear brektzar
Thanks for your reply!.
In case it IS a display bug does it mean that there is nothing I can do about it? I understand that 2.49b is old hat, but still...
car313
car313

Postby IrascibleOne » March 22nd, 2011, 10:43 pm

Could just be a total fluke. I know it's a bit drastic, but you could try a fresh install. Other than that, you might just have to work around it. You could save the file, do the node in a different version of Blender, then load it back into 2.49 and just ignore that it doesn't show up, trusting that it is there - if you haven't done that already. Blender is very good about files working on all versions of Blender.

BTW - I think the keyboard shortcut for a screenshot in Blender 2.56 is Ctrl-F3, I dunno where the subwindow screenshot went to though.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby car313 » March 22nd, 2011, 11:25 pm

Dear IrascibleOne
I tried installing, re-installing and even tried uninstalling the video drivers, trying it from zipped distribution (the one where you just unzip it and run blender dot exe).
Nothing seems to be working. Well thanks to all of you for your help.
For now I am thinking of going over to a friend's computer and see if the problem goes away. I'll post the result to the forum.
Thanks!
car313
car313

Return to Compositing and Rendering