blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Do you know...

Do you know...

Postby IrascibleOne » June 16th, 2010, 2:09 pm

what is causing this? The weird light bluish outline is what I need to get rid of, but I am not sure what is causing it, any ideas appreciated. If I figure it out before anyone else knows, I let you guys know.

wtf.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Do you know...

Postby SPARTAN-001 » June 16th, 2010, 4:04 pm

Hmm... Not sure. It looks like an edge detection error in the render. Does it do that in every render? Also, are you using something like depth of field? If so, turn that off and see if the error persists.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Re: Do you know...

Postby IrascibleOne » June 16th, 2010, 11:27 pm

It turned out to be due to anti-aliasing. In the anti-aliasing box/area there is a check mark for "full sample". I checked that and the problem was solved.

I think the difference is that it renders each layer with anti-aliasing then slaps them on top of each other without this checked, so it was getting the sky background for some of the parts. But if you do full sample, it renders the full image and then applies the anti-aliasing when it is done. I was tipped off by the description that said "this solves anti-aliasing issues with compositing".
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Compositing and Rendering