blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

how can i put my 3d character into videos i recorded?

how can i put my 3d character into videos i recorded?

Postby hurricane777 » June 27th, 2009, 3:52 pm

hi, i want to know how to put blender figures into real life videos, i've been trying to put the video as a texture, but it did work, the little screen said there was a problem reading the frame, that's all it tells me, any help on that would be awesome.
in space, no one can hear you scream, on earth, no one cares
hurricane777
Useful
Useful

Re: how can i put my 3d character into videos i recorded?

Postby IrascibleOne » June 27th, 2009, 6:15 pm

You'll want to use the video sequencer. With that you can import a video into the background, then import your scene and you can edit the overall animation until you think it looks right with the video. You can get to the sequencer by changing your window layout (the popout next to the help button) to '4-sequence'. In the middle window, click on Add in the menu and you can import audio, video, images, and/or your scene.

If you need more help with the sequencer, let me know.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Limvot » June 28th, 2009, 8:44 am

The way mentioned earlier might suit your purposes, but I always found it better to add your video as an image in the compositor, than change the type to movie, and have it combined with your render in an alpha over node. That way you can do color adjustments and stuff in compositor to get a more even look. I then use a video of some camera noise and and that in as well. (I record a white wall or something just to get the camera's noise and such then combine it with your render to get the same recorded effect.)

I recomend looking up nodes if you don't know how to use them. I've also thought about doing a tutorial because lots of people have this problem. If I do, I'll let you know.
Limvot
Starting Out
Starting Out

Postby hurricane777 » July 1st, 2009, 2:34 pm

hey limvot, can you send me an example, because i can hardly do all that
hurricane777
Useful
Useful

Postby hurricane777 » July 8th, 2009, 2:18 pm

can anybody send a example?
hurricane777
Useful
Useful

Postby IrascibleOne » July 9th, 2009, 1:50 pm

Ok, here is what I did. I did like Limvot described and on top of that, I changed one render setting so that it would not render the background for the cube. This just makes the edges around it look better. All you have to do it change the video in the node editor to one you want to use and you should be able to see it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane777 » July 10th, 2009, 9:23 am

hey, i got the file but i can't render it, it just render first frame with the video and then nothing
hurricane777
Useful
Useful

Postby IrascibleOne » July 10th, 2009, 1:32 pm

I went and tried to render the animation and came up with a problem where older renders were appearing. I don't know if that has something to do with your problem, but what I had to do was render the animation with "Do Composite" off, then render it again with the "Do Composite" on. What happens when you do a composite is that is takes renders that were made previously and saved in the temp file rather than rendering on the fly. So, if you have no images in the temp file then this may be your problem.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hurricane777 » July 27th, 2009, 9:51 am

hey for those who don't know yet, blender 2.49 now alows you to put the video as a texture very easy, just load the video and :Dance: that's all.
hurricane777
Useful
Useful

Return to Compositing and Rendering