blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

UV image load problem

UV image load problem

Postby Sazex » December 6th, 2011, 9:21 pm

OK, so im trying to texture an image with a uv texture, well Ive exported the uv layout image
and ive textured it ...yadayada...

ANYWAYS, so when I finally get to loading the image behind the image layout, it does ... nothing.
Ive tried numerous times to load the image, with no results, it just sits there fiddling its thumbs

So does anyone else have this problem, or better yet, does anyone know how to fix this problem?
Sazex
Regular
Regular

Re: UV image load problem

Postby brektzar » December 6th, 2011, 9:43 pm

If youre trying to do this while having cycles as youre renderer, it wont work, some of the time(works MOST of the time for me) just put it in blender render and reload the UV texture.

This is a known bug :)
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby Sazex » December 6th, 2011, 10:28 pm

....wow that simple... well it worked anyways so thanks!
Sazex
Regular
Regular

Postby brektzar » December 6th, 2011, 11:28 pm

Hehe, no problem ;) Most issues in Blender tend to be simply resolved, you just have to think like a crazy person(or ggogle it, or use DS :P) I googled myself though, and its super common =/
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby BlendMe » February 12th, 2012, 3:43 am

Decided to post in here instead of making a new thread since I'm also having a UV image load problem...sort of anyways. I stumbled upon this tut. here for normal mapping http://www.blendtuts.com/normalmaps_bakingtextures. I've actually been able to follow it all the way to baking the AO but I've ran into this 1 problem AT LEAST 20x by now and cannot figure out why it's happening.

Basically, after unwrapping, baking and applying the UV image as a texture at some point along the way or even after jumping over to re-bake it as an AO instead of a Normal, the uv baked image will just up and disappear and I'm unable to get it back no matter what. Funny thing is nothing seems to have changed as all the same settings (texture name, image text, sampling, etc..) are all set the same the image has just disappeared from 3d view and I'm left with a untextured plane and in UV view all I see is a black square as if nothing was unwrapped or baked. Also for some reason when I go back and bake it again it will bake to the wrong assigned name. Thanks in advance.
BlendMe

Postby Sazex » February 13th, 2012, 9:25 pm

PERHAPS, this is a solution:

Try this,
Give your object a material and a texture.

go to the texture panel, add a new one, set type to image or movie instead of cloud,

load your image, and then scroll down to mapping and for coordiantes select UV,

thats how I solved a similar problem to yours, but Im not sure if this is the problem you are having as I never dealt with normal maps before, (i dont think I even know what they are)
Sazex
Regular
Regular

UV image load problem

Postby Michaeljam » December 11th, 2014, 4:26 am

why do you think you have high load? it dont appears like that much
cpu/ram/hdd?

check "top" command headers to see if cause is ram, cpu or disk high wa value
Michaeljam

Postby brektzar » December 11th, 2014, 10:44 am

Last post in this topic was in 2012, please refrain from posting in topics over a year old.
Even if you are trying to help chances are that the OP has solved the issue when a topic is as old as this.
//Jimmy

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Return to Materials and Textures