blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Ugly Hair

Ugly Hair

Postby Extreme » January 30th, 2011, 3:08 pm

I have made a girls head in Blender 2:56 with hair. But I am not satisfied with the ugly dark pink color bars in her hair. Maybe it have to do with the shadow setting, but I dont know how to change it for the better look.
:)
http://player.vimeo.com/video/18299290? ... portrait=0
Extreme
Still New
Still New

Re: Ugly Hair

Postby brektzar » January 31st, 2011, 3:51 am

The hair would look better if the roots were darker and the tips were brighter.
You could add a texture with a gradient that moves from dark to bright in 3 or 4 steps. It might help ^^ And putting alpha on could also help you, if you have a transparent part of the gradient texture right after the bright part the tips will sort of fade out..
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby IrascibleOne » February 1st, 2011, 8:02 pm

I agree, I think a subtle gradient would really help. Fiddling around with the settings in the strand section of the materials panel can sometimes make a real big difference as well. No harm messing with those if you haven't already. Usually I will spend quite some time just doing combination after combination to slowly get it to the look I want.

Also, I can't tell if you have used it or not, but if I remember right, turning on the 'Strand Render' somewhere in the particles panel can help quite a bit too depending on the situation.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Extreme » February 1st, 2011, 10:36 pm

Thanks for the tips. Next head I try somthing else. ;)
Extreme
Still New
Still New

Return to Materials and Textures