blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

seperate particle colors

seperate particle colors

Postby themitchel0 » June 25th, 2010, 5:51 am

im making a scene with grass and i need to have the grass green and the ground brown, does anyone know how to do this :?: P.S i looked at your tutorial on making hair, and that helped me with making it.
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

Re: seperate particle colors

Postby IrascibleOne » June 25th, 2010, 9:33 am

I should update the tutorial too add this sort of thing, I've been emailed a few times about it.

Anyways, in the particle settings there is a render section. In that section there is a setting labeled Material and you can set that to 1, 2, 3...etc. What that number means is that it will use the nth material for the object. For example, if you choose 2, it will use the second material in the list of materials for that object for the particles. Then you can have the other material for the ground.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby themitchel0 » June 25th, 2010, 12:50 pm

ok thanks
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

Postby brektzar » June 25th, 2010, 3:32 pm

If you want "realistic" grass material, make sure you blend the color on it, darker from the bottom>brighter>quite bright, this is because the higher up you get on the grass the more sunlight reaches it, sun tends to "bleach" things and that includes grass :)
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby themitchel0 » June 25th, 2010, 5:44 pm

ok thanks
themitchel0
Pro
Pro

Return to Materials and Textures