Are there any special guidelines when it comes to textures and texture paths, do i need to set any paths manually? Blender has been problematic for me when it comes to importing my uv mapped .obj files (mapped / exported from Blender), which is strange. Other programs (like Polygon Cruncher) will find the correct path and show the texture just fine for the same mesh, while the Blender console will stop loading it and say that the texture path is invalid, like in this picture: http://piclair.com/8ncwe
I can resolve this by resaving the .obj in, for example, Polygon Cruncher and then reimporting into Blender.
Maybe it helps if i tell you how i do the UV-mapping, i might be doing something wrong.
1. I import the untextured mesh (an .obj, often something i have tweaked and exported from Zbrush.)
2. I select the mesh.
3. Tabkey to go into edit mode.
4. Ukey. "unwrap smart projections"
5. In UV/image editor i click image, load my image.
6. I scale the uvmapping really big so the image beneath it will be repeated all over the mesh.
7. I hit TAB, switch to texture mode, everything seems to be working fine since i can see my texture on my mesh.
8. I make sure everything is selected. I export to .obj.
Please let me know if i do something wrong or something odd
Also, when i import the resaved (from Poly Cruncher) .obj file, the texture is completely white (in texture mode), but renders correctly. What's up with that?