blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Multiple Textures for One Object

Re: Multiple Textures for One Object

Postby Demias123 » September 15th, 2009, 8:11 am

wow, im watching the vid, and its cool. though i doubt if ill ever try anything that High poly, i like low poly modeling more, it just lets me do more cartoony/anime-ish type of stuff.
Demias123
Starting Out
Starting Out

Postby Rezeul » September 15th, 2009, 1:40 pm

haha i did that tutorial like 1 week ago. I liked it
Rezeul
Pro
Pro

Postby Demias123 » September 15th, 2009, 2:56 pm

oh i like it, and to me its great if your trying to get that high res look without the high res model, but im goin for more of a Dragon Quest kinda feel, where its more cartoony/anime like stuff. though im trying to find a way of doin it that way, but infuse a dark feel as well.

i need to break down and try to find others who would like to join me and take some of the load off

know of a place i can find such help, and it be free lol
Demias123
Starting Out
Starting Out

Postby Nismo » September 15th, 2009, 3:27 pm

Demias123 wrote:i need to break down and try to find others who would like to join me and take some of the load off

know of a place i can find such help, and it be free lol

I'd be happy to help, i've been wanting to do some game stuff for a while now and never got round to it and doing some really low poly things will be good practice.

If you want to, PM me with anything you need doing :D

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

"Three blind mice walk into a pub. But they are unaware of their surroundings, so to derive humour from it would be exploitative." - Bill Bailey
Nismo
Pro
Pro

Postby Dictator-for-life » September 15th, 2009, 5:30 pm

Nismo wrote:This one? http://cg.tutsplus.com/tutorials/3d-art ... nder-day1/

Indeed, that is the one. Man, it's great.

Demias123 wrote:oh i like it, and to me its great if your trying to get that high res look without the high res model, but im goin for more of a Dragon Quest kinda feel, where its more cartoony/anime like stuff. though im trying to find a way of doin it that way, but infuse a dark feel as well.

I know what you mean. Sometimes a pseudo-3d look is better than a full blown 3D one. And let's be honest, it's less work to model and your game runs faster :thumbup:

Demias123 wrote:i need to break down and try to find others who would like to join me and take some of the load off

I really wish I could, but I need to find the time and should probably master Python first. I've been at Python for months, on and off, but still don't know all the ins and outs of it. :x
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Demias123 » September 15th, 2009, 8:02 pm

well trust me im nowhere near as good as I should be either, i mean i have TONS of time but because i do many things its hard to get good at one.

i mean i draw, 3d model, and play guitar, now all hobbies yes, but i take em serious, so trying to learn all three and keep up practice is hard lol

so trust me, by time my game goes from idea, to final product will be a good while, and thats how i want it cause i want it to be the best free game people can play, cause for some reason free games never have a good story and all that, so i want this to be something people can just download, and play, and ENJOY without worrying about money.

so yeah Nismo it would help if you could PM me with a list of things you can do, that way i know that if i get a load of something, i can look for help from you.
Demias123
Starting Out
Starting Out

Previous
Return to Materials and Textures