blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Multiple Textures for One Object

Multiple Textures for One Object

Postby Demias123 » September 13th, 2009, 8:09 am

ok, i want to make it so one object has two separate texture images. I know it can be done because i have seen models where some parts of the model have one texture image and the rest is a separate image. I just dont know how to do it.

Anyone have an answer?
Demias123
Starting Out
Starting Out

Re: Multiple Textures for One Object

Postby Dictator-for-life » September 13th, 2009, 12:49 pm

Yes, you can hand pick faces in your model and then give them a new image to Texture Map to.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2qv49hi.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/29f9v0m.jpg

That's for UV Mapping. I am sure you can do this with Materials, through Image Texture, but seeing how I don't have the graphics card to support GLSL, I have not made myself knowledgable on this subject.

Edit: Sorry about the direct links to the pictures, the site is not letting me put pics over 800x800 and I haven't enough time to scale them down and upload them again.
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby IrascibleOne » September 13th, 2009, 3:34 pm

Dictator-for-life wrote:the site is not letting me put pics over 800x800

It doesn't? I've seen some pretty big images on here, though not lately, but some have been posted. Maybe I changed a setting at some point...I can check into it if you want.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dictator-for-life » September 13th, 2009, 5:04 pm

It's no big deal, it's just a minor inconvenience, that's all. I remember being able to put images bigger than 800x800 here before, maybe this happenned after the new inclusion of ImantuVid?
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Demias123 » September 13th, 2009, 5:44 pm

is there something else i have to do, cause i have two images that i am using, one for Dirt terrain, and one for more grassland, and i have try setting different faces with different textures, but when hit P to play, and look around its all using the grassland texture, i dont know whats wrong

im gonna try re-unwrapping and setting up the textures again, see if that works
Demias123
Starting Out
Starting Out

Postby Dictator-for-life » September 13th, 2009, 6:25 pm

Hmmmm.. If you loaded up the file, I could probably remedy the problem more accurately. Yes, try deleting your UV Tex and then try again. You are in texture mode (alt+z)? Are the textures to your liking in the 3D Viewport before you run the game?
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Demias123 » September 13th, 2009, 6:38 pm

i think i got it working, i just deleted the ground and started over lol

and NOW it decides to work for me, i guess it was having trouble sense i already had things set up and was trying to change idk.

but now i know what to do i think lol
and i now know that terrain making is gonna be a pain in the ass lol

i go "lol" a lot dont i heh (something different)
Demias123
Starting Out
Starting Out

Postby Dictator-for-life » September 14th, 2009, 3:34 pm

Terrain making is a pretty cumbersome task, I'll say. Yesterday, as I was checking all the (great) BlenderNation news that I missed for 2 weeks, I saw this awesome entry for a tutorial on rock environs. The image looked incredible. If I can take the time to find that again, I'll be sure to post it.
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Demias123 » September 14th, 2009, 4:40 pm

awesomeness lol
Demias123
Starting Out
Starting Out

Postby Nismo » September 15th, 2009, 1:21 am

Dictator-for-life wrote:Terrain making is a pretty cumbersome task, I'll say. Yesterday, as I was checking all the (great) BlenderNation news that I missed for 2 weeks, I saw this awesome entry for a tutorial on rock environs. The image looked incredible. If I can take the time to find that again, I'll be sure to post it.

This one? http://cg.tutsplus.com/tutorials/3d-art ... nder-day1/

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

"Three blind mice walk into a pub. But they are unaware of their surroundings, so to derive humour from it would be exploitative." - Bill Bailey
Nismo
Pro
Pro

Next
Return to Materials and Textures