blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

A shooting tank

A shooting tank

Postby stardavid » December 7th, 2014, 12:27 pm

Hello,
i have a question on how to create smokes and maybe flames on a shooting tank. I tried using the smoke simulators but i just get a smoke that just sticks to the bullet. I also tried using emission, i change the color to some thing between orange and yellow. The color was nice but did nt luk like a real plasma bullet(dnt realy knw the name). I was actualy playing with the smoke simulator with some tutorials when i got a fire+smoke effect that looks like hell:-D and that made me to try do a shooting tank. Any help would be appreciated
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Re: A shooting tank

Postby IrascibleOne » December 8th, 2014, 5:18 pm

Not 100% sure what you mean. Are you talking about a muzzle flash, flames coming out behind a bullet, or something different? I did a muzzle flash and smoke with a cannon before. It's very difficult to get just right, mostly because smoke is a slow process if you don't have a speedy computer. It took ages of tweaking and tweaking until I got it to where I liked it.

If I remember correctly, what I did was shoot particles out of the end of the cannon with a mesh emitter using a very short particle lifespan. Once I got the particles to make the shape of the muzzle flash, I used those particles to emit the smoke/fire. It took a lot of tweaking to get the fire and smoke movement just right, so depending on what you are looking for, it could take a while to do.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stardavid » December 10th, 2014, 2:49 pm

Ya. It was a muzzle flash i was trying to do.
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stardavid » December 15th, 2014, 3:25 am

Ok. Now i got the smoke to be emmitted from the back of the cannon but when i render it the cube i used as the domain still shows. How do i solve this?
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby IrascibleOne » December 15th, 2014, 12:48 pm

Hard to say. For me, it's usually something to do with the materials. What does your material node setup look like?

There is a basic smoke material setup for cycles in my smoke tutorial, if that is indeed the problem. You can also download the file to see the node setup a little better.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stardavid » December 19th, 2014, 11:33 pm

oh thanks but the domain still shows even after trying your amoke material node setup. After playing around with the materials or object(cant remember) i manage to get the domain to disappear from rendering but my particles wont show in cycles render but they would show in blender render and blender render does not have much effect cuz it just make my particles to glow. any help would be appreciated
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby IrascibleOne » December 20th, 2014, 12:41 pm

It's okay if the particles themselves aren't appearing in your render. They are just used to control the emission of the smoke. Is the smoke/fire not appearing either? Also, this might be related, did you use Quick Smoke when setting your smoke up or did you do it manually? I tend to use Quick Smoke and that automates a few steps I may be forgetting about.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stardavid » December 21st, 2014, 2:34 am

the particles and the smoke does not show in cycles render and i did set the smoke properties manually.
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stardavid » February 5th, 2015, 5:47 pm

What i think will help me understand this fire stuff is that some one should try to do it and upload the blend file then i will download and check the settings. I think that will help
stardavid
Contributor
Contributor

Postby brektzar » February 5th, 2015, 11:12 pm

Perhaps this will helpp you out: http://www.blenderguru.com/tutorials/make-fire-cycles/

Following his tutorial will show you some techniques that you could probably use for a muzzle flash.
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Next
Return to Materials and Textures