blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

PARTICLE FILL (PILL/FILL)

PARTICLE FILL (PILL/FILL)

Postby Digital Gigalow » February 17th, 2012, 6:39 pm

What is up blender heads. I have a question. I want to fill my object to the top with my pill particles. I know I might have to add a second particle system, that is no problem. The question, is where do I need to start to make the particles "STAY" and how do I make them bounce down the length of the prop and pile up?

Thanks for the help. you can download the blend file below.

https://files.me.com/mjtimothyscott/t5tai0
Digital Gigalow
Still New
Still New

Re: PARTICLE FILL (PILL/FILL)

Postby IrascibleOne » February 18th, 2012, 9:08 pm

I know you can control the how much the pills bounce by using the Particle Damping factor for the collision object.

As for piling up, I believe it can be done if you change the particle physics from Newtonian to Fluid. I honestly can't say how well that works or if it will violate what you want it to look like, but as far as I know, that is the only choice if you stick with particles.

The only other way I can think of would be to use the game engine and record to animation, while dumping pills into it from above. However, that would involve figuring out how many pills to set up before recording the physics.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Animation