blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Cloth will not collide with moving mesh

Cloth will not collide with moving mesh

Postby wagnerpf » November 12th, 2011, 10:30 am

I've parented a mesh to an armature with automatic weights and my cloth structures will collide with the mesh in its rest position but not if the mesh is moves ore deformed by the armature. The armature was originally imported from another blender file. Does anyone know what's going wrong here? I've spent the good part of the last two days trying to figure this out.
wagnerpf
Starting Out
Starting Out

Re: Cloth will not collide with moving mesh

Postby IrascibleOne » November 15th, 2011, 2:58 pm

I am not sure what is going on, since I don't use cloth much at all myself. Did you check with the list at the wiki on cloth collisions? That list helped me out when I was playing with cloth a few months ago. My problem at the time was with layers, but I don't think that is your problem here since it is hitting it when it is not moving.

Usually the solution I end up having is to completely re-bake the simulation, whether it's cloth, fluids, or some other simulation. If that doesn't help and that list doesn't help, I'm not sure what could be wrong.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cloth will not collide with moving mesh

Postby wagnerpf » November 16th, 2011, 3:54 pm

Alright, I figured it out; the cloth had been on a different layer from the rest of the mesh, so I needed to remove the collision and cloth physics of all objects and redo them once they were all on the same layer for things to work correctly. Thanks for suggesting I look at the layers.
wagnerpf
Starting Out
Starting Out

Return to Animation