blenderNetworkpatreonblender-logosdheartuserthtimesbookphotopencilmap-markerchevron-rightbancommentcommentstwitterfacebookrsschainnavicongoogle-plusenvelopelinkedinmail-replycalendar-otumblrredditstumbleuponshare-altbloggerflattrflag

Physics to model.

Physics to model.

Postby djdustman87 » May 29th, 2011, 8:43 am

Hi all. I need to animate coins falling on to a plane. Did it, done. However I can only see it when pressing P. I can have blender record the animation to the ipo, but it takes more than 250 frames to do it. I need to have it to where the whole physics thing happens in 50 frames or less. Any suggestions?
djdustman87
Starting Out
Starting Out

Re: Physics to model.

Postby brektzar » May 29th, 2011, 8:48 am

You could just speed up the process right? :P Im not that good at animations and all but i do know you can change how many FPS you want.

Or you could choose a frame thats good for you and continue the animation after that, in other words, start from frame 20 for example and stop at frame 70. Im probably way off here but it might be a solution? ^^
//Jimmy
Sorry for my english, it is not always the best ;)

If there is anything you need feel free to ask! :)

My gallery
My deviantART account
brektzar

Postby Dictator-for-life » May 29th, 2011, 2:15 pm

Hmm. Yes, Brektzar's method should be the best (realistic) way to do it, playing with the FPS settings.

You could also fiddle around with the IPO curve itself and just scale down on the X axis (x is the time axis), but that would give you a sort of fast forward effect, it wouldn't be very real.
"Along with 'Antimatter,' and 'Dark Matter,' we've recently discovered the existence of 'Doesn't Matter,' which appears to have no effect on the universe whatsoever." -The 5th Wave
Dictator-for-life
Veteran
Veteran

Postby djdustman87 » June 3rd, 2011, 3:50 am

Hey that whole working with ipo curves is fine and dandy, but is there a way to grab all the objects you're working with and stretch the ipo curves. What I am doing is having a bunch of coins fall down, but I'd like them to fall within 50 frames or less. Right now they all fall for 300 frames. Also I am saving this animation as a png sequence so I can turn it into a sprite sheet.
djdustman87
Starting Out
Starting Out

Postby SPARTAN-001 » June 3rd, 2011, 5:24 am

You can work with IPO curves just as you work with meshes. Just scale the IPO curves to fit inside 50 frames and you should be good to go.
//SPARTAN
Practice makes perfect and nothing is perfect, so why practice? -brektzar
SPARTAN-001
Legend
Legend

Postby djdustman87 » June 3rd, 2011, 3:22 pm

That works sort of, except I have to work with about 100 coins. Is there a way to work with multiple IPO curves? For example, I select 8 coins, and scale those 8 coins' ipo curves?
djdustman87
Starting Out
Starting Out

Postby IrascibleOne » June 3rd, 2011, 4:04 pm

I am pretty sure you can do that. You could press A to select everything and you should be able to scale all of them down at once. All of the keyframes and curves should be visible for every object unless you have hidden them.

If you already have some sized down, just uncheck any completed ones in the left sidebar to hide them before you select all.
IrascibleOne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Animation